We are happy to announce that we have released a new version of Thea for SketchUp and Thea for Rhino.
Thea for SketchUp v2.2.1004.1875
Bitmap Based Preset using Roughness(Glossiness)/Metallic workflow. The preset has a dedicated file button in header which automatically loads all available bitmaps it can find. Neither Height for displacement nor AO bitmap are currently applied.
- Linear Roughness is used in material presets and editor now.
- OSX permission issues are fixed.
- IR: fixed wrong texture size scaling when modifying SU material size.
- IR: Fixed camera position being updated, despite Interactive Update is turned off, when changing to a scene with camera settings saved in it
- IR: fixed bug that was causing IES description to be lost after editing an IES light in IR
- Specific IES files loading issue
- CRF: Gamma is disabled when CRF is active
- Browser: Sorting of external dependencies is automatic now, doesn’t require clicking a column header
- Presets: Tonemapping is applied to Bump only when SketchUp texture is being used both in Color and Bump
- Skatter plugin support: source object containing only proxy components is being exported. It takes sub-objects layer visibility into account.
- Layer + menu – SSS has correct icon now
- Additive Texture Layer fix – weights are properly saved
- Additive Texture Layer fix – weight is being kept when changing procedural type
- Material/Texture layer widget has a drag threshold added, so the value is not modified by simple layer selection when a small mouse movement happens
- When importing a texture to SketchUp, SU material size is not modified
- Fixed loading 1.5 materials which contain a mixed-layer with a mask
- Fix for network server input text box – restored correct ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ order.
- Fix for a crash on older Thea libraries import.
- Fix for .img.thea loading failure after doing a region render
- Help menu points to a new online user manual now
- Memory leak fix for Presto CPU (it happens with all kinds of renders: animation, IR, production)
- Vignetting & Optix brightness fix
- BSD blurred textures in network rendering and/or SketchUp < 2017
- Fixed BSD Crash with emitters
- Fixed LUT colors
- Fixed LUT not applied
- Fixed LUT memory leak
Thea for SketchUp: Learn how to use the ‘Bitmap Based’ preset.
Thea for Rhino v18.104.22.1685
- Fixed viewport rendering resolution not updating when the viewport is resized.
- Fixed wrong render channel export when saving png+alpha.
- Fixed environment lighting not updating fully when rotating an environment map during interactive render.
- Improved performance on Rhino object visibility during interactive render and when running ShowSelected command.
- Fixed invalid devices appearing in devices section on render settings.
- Fixed invalid presto devices causing a crash in darkroom during interactive render.
- Fixed a crash when deleting a layout.
- Fixed transparency texture used for Rhino basic material.
- Fixed a crash occurring when converting a Rhino object to a render mesh.
- Fixed LUT colors applied.
- Fixed LUT memory leak.
- Fixed memory leak for Presto CPU.
- Fixed vignetting weight when optix is enabled.
- Fixed parsing IES files when there is a new line in the beginning of data values.
- Added support for Nlm OpenCL denoiser for more AMD cards (support for gfx1010, gfx1011 and gfx1012).
- Added support for presto Opencl for gfx1010, gfx1011, gfx1012.
- Improved IOR complex extinction coefficient absorption for presto.
- Fix for optix denoiser “out of memory (ds allocation)” error.
- Fixed bug when coating weight is 0% in Presto.
- Fixed Presto rendering with materials of coating plus single substrate of 0% layer weight.