1. Can I transfer my license to someone else?
Lease and Node-Locked licenses are Non-Transferable and as such they can not be transferred or resaled to another person.
2. Can I use my version 2 node-locked license file to activate the latest version?
Node-locked licenses do not get access to the latest version. A lease license is needed.
3. How can I renew my license?
If you have an Altair One account and need to add a new license, please follow the next steps:
- Proceed with placing a product to the cart
- Go to the Cart
- Enter the email address of your Altair One account
- Proceed with the payment
- With the confirmation of the payment, the new license will be added to your existing account *
* Note: The new license will be added to your Altair One account and become active right away without waiting for the previous one to expire.
1. What are the advantages of our Web-hosted Lease License?
- Floating license gives you the ability to access one license from different computers at different times or based on your requirement.
Example: It can be used on any number of SketchUp / Rhino installations whether it is home, office or on a move with your laptop, as long as you have internet connection while switching machines. When you close SketchUp / Rhino at work, your license can be made available to your other devices.
- Self-service model of the new license portal reduces license generation turnaround time as well as licensing support issues
- Freedom to change your hardware without worrying about requesting new standalone license re-generation with almost nil-down time.
- You always have access to the latest version.
2. Do I need to be online all the time to access the Web hosted licenses?
No. You can also decide to borrow the license from Thea license portal, to make sure it is available to your specific machine when there is no Internet connection available or you can use this license solely on a specific machine for a long period.
This form of licensing gives great flexibility and can be easily managed by you in a self-service mode from Thea portal.
The maximum borrowing time is 14 days.
3. What about customers using 1.x, 2.x, who did not buy Maintenance.
- You can continue with your current standalone paid-up licenses of the versions you are using.
- You have the option to purchase a fresh lease from the e-shop when you see the need for it.
Buying Thea Render Licenses
Owning a 1.x license
1. Can I use my 1.x license with a new version?
The 1.x version licenses cannot be used with new versions.
If you are an existing 1.x commercial license user, you can buy a new license from our eshop in order to get access to the new version.