Thea Beta Tester

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:06 pm

oke cool, did you uv map it correct
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Rombout wrote:oke cool, did you uv map it correct
in modo, when you create a sphere it gets a map applied automatically (all primitives do). what modelling app do you use? if you use sketchup have you tried google warehouse? they probably have loads of ready made rocks and pebbles...
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:11 pm

true, have them. but bad UV's. thats why i started looking into blender. But haven't find enough time yet too dive into it. I know some basics know and know how to UV map just a bit, think im a bit lazy as well heh heh
jsteacy
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Is it possible to see the settings you used for instancing the pebbles? I still haven't played around with it enough but you render makes me want to. You have some great results with it.
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:01 pm

jsteacy wrote:Is it possible to see the settings you used for instancing the pebbles? I still haven't played around with it enough but you render makes me want to. You have some great results with it.
i did the instances some time ago so can't remember the settings but there's nothing special there. just minimum spacing and lot's of variation for rotation (100%) and a bit for scale (around 20% i think). there's a great tutorial... here:

http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... =91&t=4621
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:08 pm

here are the final renders (posting them here so i can update my gallery thread).
FrontDoorDay.jpg
FrontDoorDay.jpg (247.91 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
Bathroom.jpg
Bathroom.jpg (184.44 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
TableDay.jpg
TableDay.jpg (169.48 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 pm

and...
Exterior.jpg
Exterior.jpg (478.09 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
FrontDoorNight.jpg
FrontDoorNight.jpg (214.82 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
Chair Detail.jpg
Chair Detail.jpg (114.42 KiB) Viewed 4575 times
joe average
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Been thanked: 0

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Exceptional works as ever SandroS.. :clap:

I can't stop myself from commenting on each...:)

1.Love the blurriness of the reflections of trees in the glass (how did you achieve that? did u use standard thea glass thin)... great lighting.

2. The Black and white composition adds more mystique to this one. Love the design of the house as well...

3. The one with the laptop and the juice glass on the table is absolutely photorealistic... The Laptop..!! OMG!

4. The trees the lighting.. the pebbles absolutely fantastic..

5. This image is a night shot of the 1st image.. not as crisp but captures the mood...

6. This i liked in the colour version you posted earlier. This one seems a little grainy.

(Could you please please please do a quick tutorial as to how you did the fantastic lighting in the courtyard render with the trees and pebbles? and maybe the technique you've employed in modelling the trees. I'd like to model a little denser ones if I can.)

Thanks... and good work...!
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.61 ghz, 2gb Ram, graphics card:512 mb xfx8500gt win 7 home 64 bit
Google Sketchup 8 + Thea Render

http://www.mukulsharma.net/
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:18 pm

joe average wrote:Exceptional works as ever SandroS.. :clap:

I can't stop myself from commenting on each...:)
thanks!
joe average wrote:1.Love the blurriness of the reflections of trees in the glass (how did you achieve that? did u use standard thea glass thin)... great lighting.
yes, just 'thin glass' material with a bump map to make it a bit wavy.
joe average wrote:5. This image is a night shot of the 1st image.. not as crisp but captures the mood...
actually, several of the renders are grainy not because the original render was grainy but because i added a lot of dirt and imperfections in post. i wanted to do something different to the clean photomatch (page 01 of this thread) that i started with and ended up going the other way into heavy contrast and dirt... maybe too much then?
joe average wrote:6. This i liked in the colour version you posted earlier. This one seems a little grainy.
again, mainly down to post work, not original render.
joe average wrote:Could you please please please do a quick tutorial as to how you did the fantastic lighting in the courtyard render with the trees and pebbles? and maybe the technique you've employed in modelling the trees. I'd like to model a little denser ones if I can.
the lighting was just HDRI and Thea Sun. i used IR to try out LOTS of different setups until i found ones that i liked. if you go back a bit in this thread i replied regarding this to similar questions from Rombout.

i'll try and put a quick tut together but not sure when...

again, thanks for the detailed reply :thumbup:
massimo
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:26 pm

I like a lot the misty mood and the graininess of the one named "Exterior". Good job! :thumbup: