Everything related to Altair Inspire Render beta

Moderator: claudio

claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:56 am

nigec wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 am
Regarding saurus's response, I think Tomasz has done an amazing job, I've come in late with V2 and with V1.5 we needed Studio as backup for Thea4SU now with the latest plugin, that's not the case :D out of all honesty I'm happy to say as Sketchup user I don't need Studio which was always the plan for the plugins (I miss MatLab but we can't have everything lol)
HOWEVER this has raised the bar massively beyond the old studio and what people are going to expect from Altair now, you should be looking at what people who don't use Sketchup, Rhino or C4D have to say because these are the people you need to impress, you have FormZ, Max, Modo, Softimage, Blender users in limbo waiting for something special they have been hanging on for a very long time
my 2 cents, I really hope this goes to plan :)

Some things missing would be fbx, dae and alembic import, Houdini users were really wanting this for Thea
Having all the plugins (it's for Cinema4D and Rhino plugins as well) independent from Inspire Render/Studio was one of the primary objectives.
And that meant re-positioning the stand-alone version too.
We are looking at every market, including Product Design as someone already noticed.

fbx, dae, alembic and others will probably not make it for this week beta, but I'm positive they will be available for next week's

Thanks,
-Claudio
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:15 am

I mention the importers because I was surprised they weren't there.. FBX/DAE are probably the most asked for feature in Studio over the last 10 years and I noticed the FBX convertor has gone/no link
I thought Inspire would of had them :)

Thanks for the quick reply
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:56 pm

claudio wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:32 am
Let me ask you this: have you actually downloaded and tried Inspire Render yourself?
do you think there is a valid reason for us to download and test the plugin in it's current state?

you're asking us to take time out of our own lives to try a software that is just about complete enough to try some test renders. i already know that i would like to use Giannis' render engines. i have the old one and it's great. the new one is faster and just as accurate so i know exactly what to expect. i don't need to test it to know that i'd like to use it.

you had many suggestions from us before even starting development on the new application, but you haven't implemented any of them. why would i waste my time making suggestions for improvement when you have never listened in the past?

testing is a 2 way street - give and take.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:06 pm

SandroS wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:56 pm
why would i waste my time making suggestions for improvement when you have never listened in the past?

testing is a 2 way street - give and take.
Because these guys are listening. I have seen past beta versions and they improved a lot since then.

Altair's vision is not matching yours in terms of UI and what they want from the software. IMHO they are being more ambitious. However they are really concerned with what we say and they work hard on improving the flaws we point at the software.

Some things they won't do (I personally dislike the UI and it's going to keep being like that) but they are implementing stuff that is emanating from us.

Sorry for intervening Claudio and Sandro. I deeply respect you both.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
saurus
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:28 pm

claudio wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:32 am

Keeping Thea4SU "alive" was also an Altair decision, so you should thank Altair too.

Let me ask you this: have you actually downloaded and tried Inspire Render yourself?
From what are you basing this negative comment?

Thanks,
-Claudio
Well, thank you Altair too, for Thea4SU, and I hope you will continue working on this great product..

As for the beta testing, I fully agree with what SandroS said.
We've already passed trough Thea render BETA phase. It was long time ago. And It turned out very well, because Thea render 1.5 was a very good product. It was leading the market of render engines IMO, in terms of features, always first, ahead of Vray, Maxwell, Corona...To restart a good runner in the middle of this ultra fast race was more than a wrong decision. It was so strange that I thought it was a deal in favour of monopoly of VRAY..because "there can be only one".
So, I think it is too late to start a new rendering product today. The race is almost over. Please, in this version you can't even position camera inside the interior. What else to expect?
duanekemp
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:00 pm

I've been like a chicken with his head cut off for a while. Just installed it today and upon opening, it says the license expires in 4 days.

Is there an extension to this date?
SketchUp & Thea Render are my tools
What else is there to know? :-)

Thea Render Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadenlightusersgroup/

https://duanekemp.artstation.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/Kemp.Productions
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:11 pm

Its a weekly rolling licence I believe, it'll reset with the next beta, I think its mentioned in the original post? could be wrong :)
My Gallery
duanekemp
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:14 pm

Read the original again... still didn't catch that! Will have to read again. Thanks Nige
SketchUp & Thea Render are my tools
What else is there to know? :-)

Thea Render Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadenlightusersgroup/

https://duanekemp.artstation.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/Kemp.Productions
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Well it says limited license but not the time span I just checked lol
My Gallery
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:08 pm

claudio wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:09 pm
Rombout,

can you send me the model you are using?
I want to look how it looks in Realtime here.
It may be something in the model, or something in OpenGL....

To show you the expected result, here are two pictures: the first with Thea, the other with Realtime.
Wow tahst quiet different from my result. Perhaps thats due to my scene being an interior. My camera setup for an interior shot, my thats the issue here. Ill add the scene tonight.