Thea models?

Share here any models, scenes and material rooms that you created with other licensed users.
ellagarden
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

So, I`m landscape designer. With Onyx or xFrog I can produce a tree, for example. Than I save a model in 3DS format. In Thea apply textures for leaves and for bark. In every new scene I must do it once ande once again. Can I save a tree in Thea format with textures?
Hikaru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Of course, you can save the tree, as .scn.thea and use it in future works through merge function.
Raúl Urrea - Bioclimatic Construction Engineer
estudiAR | CGI portfolio
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

You may even be able to share your original works here if your software agreements allow. Any type of effiicient landscaping models would be widely welcomed by the community I am sure. :)
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

I've already made a large collection of Xfrog trees ready to use in Thea with materials setup et al... :D
You can check some of my posts in the WIP Gallery...
imodel wrote:You may even be able to share your original works here if your software agreements allow.
Only if you model the tree yourself and use textures you've made yourself as well, it would be allowed...
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
jan

Frederik wrote:I've already made a large collection of Xfrog trees ready to use in Thea with materials setup et al... :D
imodel wrote:You may even be able to share your original works here if your software agreements allow.
Only if you model the tree yourself and use textures you've made yourself as well, it would be allowed...
...or if you use models/textures royalty free or with copyleft, with author credits
Alejandro Suárez

www.motivacg.com
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

and use textures you've made yourself as well
Then thats what we should do.
DallasRT
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

jan wrote:
Frederik wrote:I've already made a large collection of Xfrog trees ready to use in Thea with materials setup et al... :D
...or if you use models/textures royalty free or with copyleft, with author credits

I was wondering if we had a place to upload models we created for anyone to use. I have several models I would like to share.
Xeon 5600 Series 4 Twelve Core Processor
192GB DDR3 1333 MHz
4 - Quadro 6000
notareal
Thea Support
Thea Support

At the moment there is no repository where users could post they models... so use forum. If the model is too large to be attached to a post then, maybe contact to dev[at]thearender.com for arrangement.
ellagarden

So I start try create model of plant in Thea. Import 3DS format grass from Onyx library and I have a plant consisting from 3 parts. When I try to move or scale, this action working only with single part of plant. Than I group parts, but everything remains the same.
thea.JPG
thea.JPG (153.73 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
Hikaru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

If you group the three meshes, picking the group at the models list, should scale the entire plant.

Cheers.
Raúl Urrea - Bioclimatic Construction Engineer
estudiAR | CGI portfolio

Return to “Scenes & Models”