[REQ] Thea Wiki

Created a nice video, document or a translation of another document? Share it here for licensed users.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Create a wiki site that would replace/complement/enhance the pdf manual and is accessible from Thea studio or any Integration plugin.

Mainly that's it but think of the possibilities:
- Centralized information Dynamic learning
- Easy to seach by users from here, search engines and bots;
- Shareable by email, facebook, twitter, whatever;
- Tip of the day for captivating userbase;
- Contributions from any author depending on moderator aproval;.
- Links to videos on Youtube, Animated gifs or plain images.;
- Interaction with forum with possibility to add tips, or quotes from forum posts that respond to help and issues users have;
- Dynamically updated by anyone available with rights to update it.
- Don't forget to have a system for reviwing features that get deprecated or updated on funtionallity with each release;
- Areas of interest that interconnect or not like access to info from other integrations rather than from the one you use, wich would promote interest on other plugins.
- Remove stress from manual update with every release (wich luckily is many times).

Don't you think this would be good to have?

Best regards,

João
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
a.zhukovsky
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Great idea! :idea: :thumbup:

But I can say it mostly as a reader, not a writer. Though perhaps I could find time to share the experience, or translate some articles to Russian language. This, I think, would help promote and popularize Thea in Russia. :idea:
Is there any news since the publication of the post ?
aleksey
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

i also think its a good idea :)
http://ace5studios.com

Thea Cinema4D, win8.1, gtx 970, i7 4790k.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

a.zhukovsky wrote:Is there any news since the publication of the post ?
Yours was the first news I heard of...
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I think a user would need to create one to prove its worth, then hopefully Solid Iris would host/get involved

please don't look at me :lol: I have enough to do and right now there's enough "sh*t happening" that's difficult to deal with :roll:
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
gwengosch
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

It's a good idea.
Gwenael Gosch
La fabrique à plans
http://www.lafabriqueaplans.fr
Facebook
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I'd Contribute from time to time, but I'd never be able to organize something like that...

However I believe the resources being invested in a pdf manual should be better channeled to a wiki, a wiki could be link to Thea studio/plugins and could be linked to command pop ups...
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
eph
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Or what is absolutely useful and maybe best of both worlds:
a community driven online help file!

PHP does it since ages. The User Contributed Notes allowed me to get into basic programming, back in the days: http://be2.php.net/manual/en/class.datetime.php

I thought Adobe did it as well, but can't find the user comments back.

Anyway, it should be 'relatively easy' to convert the help file into an online document. The user comments would complement and show the 'weaknesses' of the document (where to improve), so the main help documentation can be updated in relation to Q&A..!
Work: iMac Intel i7 3.4 GHz (8GB RAM), AMD Radeon HD 6970M (2GB RAM), OS X 10.9.5 (FR)
Home: Dell Intel i7 3.6 GHz (16GB RAM), GeForce GTX 750 Ti (4GB RAM), Windows 8.1 64bit (EN)
christina
admin
admin

Hello to all of you and thank you for your proposals!
Building a wiki, has been around as an idea many years now. The stabling points was the amount of the final contributors (not sure how many people would have time to document things) and also the fact that some people would have to assure the quality and the correctness of what would be written there. Also the design of a wiki is not always very nice. But the idea is always on the table and thank you for your feedback.
What we would be prefer to implement more, is to have an online documentation area, a kind of online manual. We hope to have some more news over this issue soon and for sure we will need your ideas for this :)
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

christina wrote:Hello to all of you and thank you for your proposals!
Building a wiki, has been around as an idea many years now. The stabling points was the amount of the final contributors (not sure how many people would have time to document things) and also the fact that some people would have to assure the quality and the correctness of what would be written there. Also the design of a wiki is not always very nice. But the idea is always on the table and thank you for your feedback.
What we would be prefer to implement more, is to have an online documentation area, a kind of online manual. We hope to have some more news over this issue soon and for sure we will need your ideas for this :)
I do think an online documentation area is good. But users contributing to a wiki page, with a good bunch of moderators reviewing the wiki would be less human resource intensive on your side and would grow at a faster pace. Make it the non official Thea wiki then so you can allow for some errors to occur as long as you explicitly say that is mainly user created content. Maybe some articles would have a Thea aproved seal and some others would be pending Thea's aproval...
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb

Return to “Tutorials & Translations”