Thea detailed video tutorial (or just the start of it)

Created a nice video, document or a translation of another document? Share it here for licensed users.
chochosan
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Next part, translucency, Nd and K for the basic material. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqd_NQy9R6Q

Sorry for the stuttering, i do get the stage fright when speaking english, havent spoken in 10 years :))
Last edited by chochosan on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hieru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Keep it up, you are doing a great job and these videos would have definitely been very helpful when I first started using Thea.
patricks
Thea Technical Artist
Thea Technical Artist

Solo wrote:Great initiative :clap:

However please make sure you have the knowledge of all the ins and outs of the features before starting the tutorial, I am amazed that after 2-3 weeks you can already make tutorials for a product I'm still learning for 4 years.
just to clarify here ... I am in close contact with chochosan and we go through each tutorial before he makes the video to make sure that everything is correct ;)

this short tutorials are very helpful for explaining each settings and when to use them.

more advanced tutorials will come where we will go through creating "real" materials for a given scene created by me.

Greetings Patrick
" Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms.
I too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more ? "

Richard P. Feynman
Hieru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

patricks wrote:more advanced tutorials will come where we will go through creating "real" materials for a given scene created by me.
Looking forward to that :thumbup:
chochosan
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Yes, it will actually be great to have some case studies :) also impatient about those :) :clap:
naudofr

Thank you chochosan :thumbup: these tutorials will be very useful. Excellent initiative.
And with the help of Patrick to check them, it's even better :)
Bob James
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Solo wrote:I am amazed that after 2-3 weeks you can already make tutorials for a product I'm still learning for 4 years.
One conclusion from this is too scary to think about, Pete :lol: 8-)
i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, GTX 1080ti 11GB, 32GB Crucial DDR4-2400 ECC, OCZ Vertex 4 1TB, WD Black 3TB, 32TB NAS, 4x Dell 27" Monitors, SpaceMouse Pro
Never underestimate the intelligence of your audience nor overestimate your own - Bob James
PixelMango
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

chochosan wrote:In principle i fully agree with you duanekemp, the thing is that 1. nobody else knowledgeable enough has the time to make a more detailed video tutorial and 2. I am staying more motivated and am actually learning faster about the software as i make these videos :) - i really am not producing professional tutorials here :)))) , just speeding up the learning curve for utter beginners.

i also will really benefit from tips and tricks more advanced users use in their workflow... i am really thankfull for the valuable feedback of the staff here - patrick in particular 10x :)) .
I like the fact that you stepped up to help. Even if you aren't a "seasoned" user....like you said, no SEASONED person is taking the initiative.

Even if you are sharing what you've already learned, there are folks who haven't even scratched the surface, who can benefit from it. This is what I hate about all the negative comments I see on the internet, when people like yourself try to help others out, with free tutorials. Inevitably, some wisecrack is going to come along and sling darts at you. To them, I feel like saying..."Keep your snarky comments to yourself. If you don't like it...just like a TV...change the @#$#%!-ing channel"

Keep doing what you're doing and disregard the negative chatter. That's the nature of the internet. The same yahoos that sling those darts aren't doing a damn thing themselves to help anyone, so they have no grounds to be criticizing.
PixelMango
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

duanekemp wrote:I agree with Peter,

What impresses me the most, from the first impression of the video, is that it sounds like it is made by someone learning Thea himself. I'm certain that you would learn Thea faster if you put this video tutorial project aside until you are confident in the knowledge of Thea. THAT is what makes a great tutorial, not just having a voice… but a voice of experience that instills confidence in new users like ourselves.

Your frustrations are understood, the motivations are right, and the willingness is appreciated. But, I believe that the tutorials will be even more helpful if produced by one more knowledgeable than a beginner like ourselves.
Please share a link to where we can find these tutorials (by those more more knowledgeable).

Oh, wait. :D
muzer
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you for your effort chochosan, much appreciated. Keep up the good work.
I hope to see more of your tutorials.

Return to “Tutorials & Translations”