Making Layered Materials Question

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: Tomasz

Mistro
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I use Thea to plan decorative paint jobs sometimes so using layered materials is a big help. In this example I have a diffuse pink as the base, a silver metallic strip and pink metallic butterflies. At that point everything works as expected.
GirlsRoom11.jpg
But then if I add another layer via "Basic" material and assign a diffuse image with flowers for a border with alpha for the top layer, the base color turns black even though the preview shows the base color correctly.
AlphaIssue.jpg
preview.jpg
I know I'm missing something. can anyone explain how to I can get the flowers to show without making the base color black?

Details:
Presto MC
Thea4Sketchup 1.5
i7-8700k @3.7GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA NVidia GTX 980Ti 6Gb, 1T M.2 SSD, Windows 10 64bit

Structural Integrity is Not Physical...It's in the Design and Purpose
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

Hi mistro!
This probably looks like a limitation of the Presto engine. While the rest of the engines can handle unlimited layers, Presto can only handle three of them.

A workaround for this would be to create two layers for the pink wall and the silver stripe and then use a Basic layer on top of them with the butterflies and the flowers in one texture+weight map.

Regards,
George
Mistro
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Ok thanks George! I ended up putting the top flowers on the diffuse map.
i7-8700k @3.7GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA NVidia GTX 980Ti 6Gb, 1T M.2 SSD, Windows 10 64bit

Structural Integrity is Not Physical...It's in the Design and Purpose

Return to “Support & Feedback (SketchUp)”