Is Thea Render 2.0 going to arrive?

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: Tomasz

Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

We will have simpler de-noising for those who do not have Nvidia too.

As you all see I write this in my leisure time, because my time at the keyboard during a working day is quite precious now.
I think it is a dedication of each responsible developer that counts. This makes software grow despite obstacles that may appear.

I have put a lot of heart into the plugin, especially into the new material editor. The webinar didn't expose more technical things. Also not all new engine features could be implemented in relatively simple software like SketchUp. At least not yet.

Expectations are really high. I understand this. The plugin(s) will be released in roughly quarterly cycles, so this release will be a new opening. It will allow me to finally discuss things openly not only with beta-testers, as it is currently the case, but with all of you here. You will "vote" whether what we have done is worth the upgrade fee. We didn't give up and we want Thea to meet you expectations, if not in the immediate, then in forthcoming releases.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

I'll jut state this: I LIKE working with T4SU v2 beta. A Lot! It's a much better experience!
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
chomin
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Been thanked: 0

chomin wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:03 am At the end of the webinar about thea V2, there was a question if new pascal cards will work better. But it wasn't Answered properly and clearly (more I had feeling that they didn't solve it so they trying to avoid the answer)
My impression was that Antonio either didn't understand the question or is simply unaware of that particular technical issue. I didn't pick up on any deliberate evasion.
So, let's hope other developers from Thea are aware of this issue and will get it fixed...
Hieru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

chomin wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:38 pmSo, let's hope other developers from Thea are aware of this issue and will get it fixed...
The issue is already known to the developers and I'd be very surprised if it isn't addressed in the V2 release.
JQL wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:30 pmI'll jut state this: I LIKE working with T4SU v2 beta. A Lot! It's a much better experience!
Given that Thea4SU is already a pleasure to work with, that's very encouraging...especially when it sounds like there are still some elements of Thea V2 yet to be intergrated.
SandroS
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tomasz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:43 am The plugin(s) will be released in roughly quarterly cycles, so this release will be a new opening.
JQL wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:30 pm I'll jut state this: I LIKE working with T4SU
for some time now Thea4SU has been and i'm sure will continue to be the standout version of Thea. it's no wonder Thea4SU users are happy...

i have to ask though, is there a time line for Studio?
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

SandroS wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:32 pm i have to ask though, is there a time line for Studio?
The only thing we know is from the webinar where it was mentioned that Thea Studio is expected to be released before year end...
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
littleche

Tomasz wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:43 am
Expectations are really high. I understand this.
hello Tomasz

yes, Expectations are really high because more 2 years thea was in silent. thea team makes these Expectations for us and now should Be responsive to this Expectations.
what things were for exposing when Giannis wrote this sentence: "Thea Render is here to stay and we are working hard to make it the clear leader in photorealistic rendering."?

the clear leader in rendering Not provided with Al denoiser or full supporting DDR5x, we have more and more Expectations.
What I can say is, that it's very common that companies within the software industry don't reveal anything while the development is in progress...
In fact... With a few exceptions from some small insignificant applications, I can't think of any companies who are sharing such information with the average user...
hello Frederik, thanks for your reply.
yes , you right and any companies does not share such information with the average user. but Which company was in silent for 2 years?
all companies have annually Trailer At least And some Sneak Peek videos and etc.
do you remember thea render newsletter for 2018 new year? that was enough ?!!
Last several months I submit some reply and topic for requesting and clearing. I posted some limitation and bug and now I am waiting with the maximum of Expectations.

Extremely polite for thea team, I am waiting ;)
Nabi Sarvi.

my thea render gallery: https://goo.gl/NVhKgE
asm3d
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

ChaosGroup released an open free beta for Vray for SketchUp v3. Now you can download the beta Vray for Unreal for free, it doesn't matter if you're a Vray costumer or not it's free for all. It's not just about small companies...
I'm more upset for this lack of communication than for waiting for v2
Alejandro Soriano Visuals · My website · Social Links
valerostudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

asm3d wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:28 am ChaosGroup released an open free beta for Vray for SketchUp v3. Now you can download the beta Vray for Unreal for free, it doesn't matter if you're a Vray costumer or not it's free for all. It's not just about small companies...
I'm more upset for this lack of communication than for waiting for v2
Better watch it. Last time I replied to this thread and mentioned VRay, it was deleted. These boys are sensitive.
Matthew Valero ASAI
stinkie
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Seriously? That is so 2008. :)

I'm sure many of us use multiple render engines, modeling apps and whatnot. Developers should be able to cope with comparisons with regards to development, functionality etc.

Return to “Support & Feedback (SketchUp)”