Is Thea Render 2.0 going to arrive?

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.
littleche

if V2 will be Only those features, I'm sorry for my waiting!
what thing was important and secrecy, that they limited beta testers and stuff?! Filmic tone mapping and AI denoiser did not need to hide And secretly !!!
maybe supporting AMD graphic was secrecy and I am happy for that.
Anyway, after 2 years and Many confidences And Silence, these features is not enough for me. It is not important to discuss financial matters at Certainly, i prefer great and expensive insted of the free and weak update. Expensive is Acceptable but the Mild update is not Acceptable.

thanks for hard work :thumbup:
Nabi Sarvi.

my thea render gallery: https://goo.gl/NVhKgE
victor

littleche wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 am if V2 will be Only those features, I'm sorry for my waiting!
what thing was important and secrecy, that they limited beta testers and stuff?! Filmic tone mapping and AI denoiser did not need to hide And secretly !!!
Anyway, after 2 years and Many confidences And Silence, these features is not enough for me. It is not important to discuss financial matters at Certainly, i prefer great and expensive insted of the free and weak update. Expensive is Acceptable but the Mild update is not Acceptable.

As far as I know Optix denoiser requires CUDA so you won't have denoiser in TR1 + AMD neither.
https://www.motivacg.com
· CGArt & Technology ·
littleche

victor wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 am
littleche wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 am if V2 will be Only those features, I'm sorry for my waiting!

As far as I know Optix denoiser requires CUDA so you won't have denoiser in TR1 + AMD neither.
Bad news ! :cry:
Nabi Sarvi.

Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

victor wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 am As far as I know Optix denoiser requires CUDA so you won't have denoiser in TR1 + AMD neither.
Victor, you should know better. :thumbdown:

Optix requires CUDA, but it is a post production filter!! Which means it is available to all progressive rendering modes. Actually you could use it with AdaptiveBSD too.... although I haven't tried it. :)

The best results are achieved with Presto, because it provides two channels that guide Optix better.

Attitude of some forum members is really puzzling for me...
Anyway the release is close and all of you who have Nvidia cards will have a chance to try Optix with TR1/TR2/AMC and especially Presto .
victor

Tomasz wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 pm
victor wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 am As far as I know Optix denoiser requires CUDA so you won't have denoiser in TR1 + AMD neither.
Victor, you should know better. :thumbdown:

Optix requires CUDA, but it is a post production filter!! Which means it is available to all progressive rendering modes. Actually you could use it with AdaptiveBSD too.... although I haven't tried it. :)

The best results are achieved with Presto, because it provides two channels that guide Optix better.
Sorry probably I didn't explain myself it that user says that he can't take advantage of all the features of Thea since he has a AMD GPU and he cannot render with Presto GPU my intention was to explain that he won't be able to use denoiser even if he renders in a non-GPU based engine.
https://www.motivacg.com
· CGArt & Technology ·
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

But apart from Optix, there's also another build-in denoiser...
Admitted, it's not as good as Optix, but certainly much better than a lot of other denoiser solutions I've seen... :thumbup:

I know that I don't spill any beans by writing this, cause it can be seen in the video from the webinar... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13qwk5Fo5CE

Check the video on YouTube and you'll see the second denoise option under channels (starting around 21.32), which have nothing to do with Optix...
The below screen shot is showing where to look...)
Attachments
Another-denoiser.jpg
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
littleche

Sorry friends, I did not understand the reason for Confidentiality in this 2 years ?!
optix denoiser can be existence in any engine, so why thea team was in silent?
Nvidia Introduced optix or AI denoiser in 2017, what did thea in 2016 ?!
i am very happy from optix in thea and No more needed to buy Altus dinoiser. thank thea team for this progress but I have one question! what feature needs Confidentiality in this 2 years?
Nabi Sarvi.

Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

littleche wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:15 am what feature needs Confidentiality in this 2 years?
Although the build-in de-noisers surely is an important feature, there are some other significant features in v2...

Without being able to go into details, what I can say is, that there has been a lot of work done with the engines - especially Presto...
I don't have the technical insight, but as I've also written in the threads posted with test renders made with v2 during the beta-phase, there's a significant speed increase and overall Thea is better at resolving a render... (it gets clear much faster)

I understand why you're asking this question, however, no-one except the core team can provide you with the answer... :|
Someone from Altair have to do it, but I'm not sure you're going to get an answer before Thea for SU has been released...

What I can say is, that it's very common that companies within the software industry don't reveal anything while the development is in progress...
In fact... With a few exceptions from some small insignificant applications, I can't think of any companies who are sharing such information with the average user...
At the same time you need to remember and acknowledge that Solid Iris was acquired by Altair - that has been a HUGE game changer...!

Besides... Since Altair is a shareholding company there are rules and regulations, which prohibit them from revealing anything, cause they risk being charged for market manipulation... :!:
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
chomin
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Been thanked: 0

At the end of the webinar about thea V2, there was a question if new pascal cards will work better. But it wasn't Answered properly and clearly (more I had feeling that they didn't solve it so they trying to avoid the answer)

Do you guys have some info: how is it with cards (geforce 1080 and 1080 ti) which work with new GDDR5X memory? Is thea v2 prepared for them to use their full force? For me,it is really crucial point which affects if I am buying it or not.

I did a small research and for example Octane render can use them in their full force (at least in benchmarks 1080 beats 980 etc)
So there is definitely a way how to work with gddr5x.
Hieru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Frederik wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:59 am...there's a significant speed increase and overall Thea is better at resolving a render... (it gets clear much faster)
That's the main thing I picked up on from both your Beta topics and the webinar :D . Like Tomasz, I really don't understand the negativity. There's only so much you can cover in a short webinar and knowing Altair, they want to hold off on announcing too much until the actual release.
chomin wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:03 am At the end of the webinar about thea V2, there was a question if new pascal cards will work better. But it wasn't Answered properly and clearly (more I had feeling that they didn't solve it so they trying to avoid the answer)
My impression was that Antonio either didn't understand the question or is simply unaware of that particular technical issue. I didn't pick up on any deliberate evasion.

Return to “Support & Feedback (SketchUp)”