Is Thea Render 2.0 going to arrive?

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: Tomasz

Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

valerostudio wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:03 pm Better watch it. Last time I replied to this thread and mentioned VRay, it was deleted. These boys are sensitive.
First of all you were advertising other product, but it was not the main reason the post has been deleted.
You were spreading false information about expected V2.0 price and supposed "subscription based" licensing. Both informations were untrue and harmful. Please refrain from such actions in a future.
stinkie
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Yeah ... Customers, eh? Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. :mrgreen:
valerostudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

When we are kept in the dark, all we can do is speculate and poke around at other engines.

I understand why an organization would keep things under wraps so they can compete but two years with no major teasers is just bad PR.
Matthew Valero ASAI
valerostudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tomasz wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:55 pm
valerostudio wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:03 pm Better watch it. Last time I replied to this thread and mentioned VRay, it was deleted. These boys are sensitive.
First of all you were advertising other product, but it was not the main reason the post has been deleted.
You were spreading false information about expected V2.0 price and supposed "subscription based" licensing. Both informations were untrue and harmful. Please refrain from such actions in a future.
Maybe instead of deleting and disregarding my statements you could have responded and given us correct information. That's the core problem that I think a lot of users are frustrated with.

Thea is not a toy for me. The engine I use is my livelihood. It pays the bills, allows me to stay competitive in the rendering market, and is something I use on a daily basis. We need to be in the loop on updates, development, and how this compares to competing engines because most of us cant afford to own every render engine out on the market. We invest in one or two and put all of our time and resources into that engine. Making proxies, setting up libraries, training other employees. If two years goes by and we see other engine teasers and features, how can you expect us not to jump ship?
Matthew Valero ASAI
gnuiorc
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

valerostudio wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:53 pm Thea is not a toy for me. The engine I use is my livelihood. It pays the bills, allows me to stay competitive in the rendering market, and is something I use on a daily basis. We need to be in the loop on updates, development, and how this compares to competing engines because most of us cant afford to own every render engine out on the market. We invest in one or two and put all of our time and resources into that engine. Making proxies, setting up libraries, training other employees. If two years goes by and we see other engine teasers and features, how can you expect us not to jump ship?
Ok, that's all right.
But what does matter this with:
You were spreading false information about expected V2.0 price and supposed "subscription based" licensing.
Ciao,
Gio
Robert
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

[/quote]

Maybe instead of deleting and disregarding my statements you could have responded and given us correct information. That's the core problem that I think a lot of users are frustrated with.

Thea is not a toy for me. The engine I use is my livelihood. It pays the bills, allows me to stay competitive in the rendering market, and is something I use on a daily basis. We need to be in the loop on updates, development, and how this compares to competing engines because most of us cant afford to own every render engine out on the market. We invest in one or two and put all of our time and resources into that engine. Making proxies, setting up libraries, training other employees. If two years goes by and we see other engine teasers and features, how can you expect us not to jump ship?
[/quote]

Well said!
Robert Scott
Robert Scott Residential Design
https://www.facebook.com/scottresidentialdesign
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottresid ... sign/sets/
www.scottVIZ.com

"Growing older but not growing up"
valerostudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

gnuiorc wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:26 pm
valerostudio wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:53 pm Thea is not a toy for me. The engine I use is my livelihood. It pays the bills, allows me to stay competitive in the rendering market, and is something I use on a daily basis. We need to be in the loop on updates, development, and how this compares to competing engines because most of us cant afford to own every render engine out on the market. We invest in one or two and put all of our time and resources into that engine. Making proxies, setting up libraries, training other employees. If two years goes by and we see other engine teasers and features, how can you expect us not to jump ship?
Ok, that's all right.
But what does matter this with:
You were spreading false information about expected V2.0 price and supposed "subscription based" licensing.
Ciao,
Gio
I wasn't trying to spread misinformation but because we were given ZERO indication on pricing and Novedge came out with confusion pricing information on their page, I was speculating, as were other users. Again, all that had to be done was post a correction instead of deleting a comment and ignoring it. All of it has left a bad taste in my mouth. This is how you lose customers. Just ask Next Limit how that went over for them back in the early days. :problem:
Matthew Valero ASAI
Frederik
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

I really don't understand what it is you're trying to achieve with these posts, Matthew...?!? :eh:

You've already made it clear to the world, that Thea Render isn't the toy for you and you've jumped ship and went back to Vray...
That's fair and square...
However - and this is the part I can't comprehend - why do you return to this place and shed a lot of negativity around Thea Render...?

Ever heard the expression: Don't ever slam a door you might want to go back to...?

Perhaps we'll see you again in the future... :wave:
Cheers
Kim Frederik

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success..."
-Malcolm X
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Imho Valero has reason to post what he did and Tomasz has reason to delete his post.

What you'd say if T4SUv2 release got us all back on track and this kind of threads would eventually stop? Thea v2 as just arrived but it's not the end of story.

Rhino and C4D are in the forge, Studio will come next and eventually a lot of features we still require will make their show. In the end whoever jumped ship did so for good reason but there will be good reason to come back.

Let's spend time pushing development forward instead.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
duanekemp
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Though I can relate to not having a complete package delivered with Studio, Thea Render V2 has finally arrived. There's been some hiccups on launch (which is NOT unheard of) with licensing but, I cannot express how excited I am, after waiting for two years, for the current future of the software. This is a second beginning with new features and more to come. I'll explain it this way:

Anyone who has ever played with dominos (not the game, but the "train line of falling black blocks") knows how long it can take to set up an orchestrated domino train. Well, to me.... this is what has been going on. And last Friday, we saw the first domino drop in that line that starts the chain of new things to come!

Studio WILL be released. TR4SU IS OUT and it's only going to grow. Soon, after this emotional transition time, as JQL says, "there will be good reason to come back. Let's spend time pushing development forward instead." And for this, I'm glad I've stayed and that I'm staying. I love working with Thea (and this is not just a kiss butt phrase), I really do.

Seeing how this team is currently "jacked up" and pumping out adjustments, amendments and soon coming additions, I just wish to encourage those on the fence, do not be discouraged by the "well deserved" expressions of frustration... as users have been waiting for a long time with high expectation. But, this release should in NO WAY communicate the end of anything as far as end product... but a vision for what is coming.

Hang in there a little longer.... and a little more. You too will see (up and coming) the reasons you'll be glad you did.

My hat's off to Giannis, Tomasz and the whole team for everything they have been able to accomplish and for the wonderful work being done for what is coming.

For me, the future looks ALLOT brighter than it did before and the worries I had, the worries shared by many here, of having to perhaps change and learn another soft... are gone. THAT is a great sense of peace I've been missing. So also... THANK YOU FOR THAT!!!

I'm SO LOOKING FORWARD to the future with Thea!
SketchUp & Thea Render are my tools
What else is there to know? :-)

Thea Render Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadenlightusersgroup/

https://duanekemp.artstation.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/Kemp.Productions

Return to “Support & Feedback (SketchUp)”