SketchUp Lights Showroom

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: Tomasz

The3dBOX
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Many thanks, this is great!
GJ3D
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thanks, this is very helpfull! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Mistro
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank You!!!
i7-8700k @3.7GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA NVidia GTX 980Ti 6Gb, 1T M.2 SSD, Windows 10 64bit

Structural Integrity is Not Physical...It's in the Design and Purpose
Schugti
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slowly, Thea is getting better and reaching professional class. Although I have been using Thea for a long time, I was a bit disappointed, but the improvements lately, inspire me more and more.
Keep it up.. :clap:
duanekemp
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wonderful. This is a great guide and tool. Bravo.
SketchUp & Thea Render are my tools
What else is there to know? :-)

Thea Render Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadenlightusersgroup/

https://duanekemp.artstation.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/Kemp.Productions
valerostudio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

This was very informative! Having a simple file like this can teach more in 10 minutes than days of research and testing. Thanks so much!
Matthew Valero ASAI
Rombout

Alwayhandy these things, this is the second guide for lighting and such right?

PS i find the fallof and hotspot interaction between each other a bit weird. The smoothing is always about the same size no matter the size in difference between the hotsport and the falloff. I find that awkward actually. Whey i have a small hotpot and quite a large falloff i dont see a very soft transfer from light to dark, how come is that?
Rombout

I got one question though, on pag 7 you talk about lamp covers and giving a inside a black material to reduce noise. I dont see this however in the models in SU, the 3 hanging lamps have a reflective material in the inside of the lamp, just above the fake emitter.

Which lamp has this black diffuse applied liek you talk in the manual
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Rombout wrote:Which lamp has this black diffuse applied like you talk in the manual
All of them, because Emitter preset (also passive) in SketchUp doesn't even have the Basic material applied, so no need to set diffuse to black.

The passive emitter material is the first mesh a sampling ray touches, so it is good. It would be worse it if the light from the spotlight would hit the reflective surface that is behind it. This would introduce noise, because of strong, indirect light reflected.
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Rombout wrote:Alwayhandy these things, this is the second guide for lighting and such right?

PS i find the fallof and hotspot interaction between each other a bit weird. The smoothing is always about the same size no matter the size in difference between the hotsport and the falloff. I find that awkward actually. Whey i have a small hotpot and quite a large falloff i dont see a very soft transfer from light to dark, how come is that?
This is "SketchUp" version of the sample file associated with the original lighting guide.

Regarding the spots. I guess you are expecting gradient like transition, but it is not 2d application but 3d thing and distance counts - the further the distance from a light source, the weaker the light gets. I also depends on tone mapping.
Attachments
SpotsHotFallOff.jpg
SpotsHotFallOff.jpg (13.1 KiB) Viewed 616 times

Return to “Versions & Resources (SketchUp)”