Rhino Lighting/Emitters Not Working

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: christos

CSSadmin
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Rhino lighting effects and Thea emitter materials do not appear to be recognized by the Thea Render Engine in either the interactive viewport or darkroom. In watching the Thea tutorials on this site and on Lynda, it seems that they should be fairly easy to work with, but I'm seeing no change to the lighting effects and the emitters appear black. See image series for more details. Is there a setting or fix to correct this? Thanks.
Attachments
Thea darkroom - emitter is barely visible and does not appear to emit light.
Thea darkroom - emitter is barely visible and does not appear to emit light.
Emitter added to scene - appears black in interactive render.
Emitter added to scene - appears black in interactive render.
Rhino Light Panel added to scene - has no effect on lighting quality in interactive mode.
Rhino Light Panel added to scene - has no effect on lighting quality in interactive mode.
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

Hi.
The default display settings (iso, f-number, shutter speed) have been setup for exterior scenes. Try changing those settings to match artificial lighting and you will be able to see the emitters lighting the scene.

Also make sure that the scene has correct scaling.

Regards,
George
CSSadmin
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thank you - I went back and reviewed the environment settings in the tutorial and got mine to match and render with the emitters.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by scaling - are you just referring to making sure the objects are drawn to scale? Or does this mean something in lighting terminology?

Thanks again for the quick reply!
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

I mean that the size of the objects and the scene itself play a significant role to the light calculation.
The following example shows an emitter with an intensity of 100Watts. The only thing changing is the size of the scene.
scene-size.jpg
CSSadmin
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Got it- thanks!

Return to “Support & Feedback (Rhino)”