Animation using thea in rhino

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: christos

Luvanimation
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hello Thea lovers,

i am trying to create an animation video for my jewelry in rhino using thea plugin, can anyone help me how to do that??
bmscmoreira
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I once did a simple animation using Bongo plugin for Rhino... not to brilliant as its a bit limited but it did the job.
laborda
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

In the user manual it says that Thea is compatible with Bongo plugin.
But I couldn't found any spacial guide to use it.

After playing for some minutes I found out that if you are using interactive mode in a viewport, then you can use the bongo command to render animation (view capture mode) and have the chance set a delay to save the frame. The programs start to save each frame waiting the delay you set. The problem is that the images are all black.
May be this is because the regular rhino's command to capture view doesn't work, and I don't have any idea how to tell bongo to use TheaSaveInteractiveImage...
Later I found that if you have the darkroom closed, and choose Thea render as target. Rhino uses it's own window to show the render calculation and respects the time limit you set in the production mode. This way you can save all the frames without problems.

Return to “Support & Feedback (Rhino)”