Thea Render Settings not visible

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: christos

PiT.79
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0

Hello

I am trying to work on Windows 10 with last build 1709 installed on Apple 21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display (not in VMWare or Parallels). I installed Windows 10 using Bootcamp. It means it should act as any other PC.

I have there installed Rhinoceros 5 (64-bit) with plugin Thea for Rhino 1.5.09.335.1462 with Thea SDK v1.5.09 Build 1462 Windows 64bit and Thea Render Studio v1.5.09 Build 1462 Windows 64bit.

There is not an nVidia graphic card but AMD Radeon Pro 555, so it means only processor is used when rendering, that is OK.

I have experiences with using Thea and Rhinoceros on my office computer (not apple hardware), so I know how to install it and use it. But not now. I am not sure what could be the problem.

My problem is described below and shown in the attached print screens.

In words:
I do not have access to the Thea Render Settings in Rhino plugin. There is nothing displayed in the tabs – Rendering and Environment. The only working tab is Camera. Also, Thea Render Darkroom window displays nothing in the tabs Display and Network Log. As well as the Thea Render Preferences window is empty in the tabs General and EXR.

Do you have any idea where is the problem? Is there a way how to access these settings?

I can import environment and render settings from external file as a start and it works fine, it renders the scene, but I am not able to access settings to make changes and work further.

Please help.

Problem print screens:
Screen 01
Screen 01
Screen 02
Screen 02
Screen 03
Screen 03
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

Hi!
There is a workaround on this from McNeel. Here is the link:
https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/5/video/h ... ion_screen

Let me know if that worked for you.

Greetings,
George
PiT.79
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi George

Thank you. I will give it a try and let you know, if it helped.

Greetings,
Petr
PiT.79
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi George

Yes it worked. But this will make Rhino quite unusable. The microscopic icons and texts for ants. Unfortunately Rhino 5 is not built for Hi-Res screens yet.
Also Thea Interactive render is dealing with higher resolution of viewport so for quick previews it is not good option. And if the viewport is smaller in pixels, it is like a post stamp on the screen to watch. There is quite a lot of work for you in the future to deal with Hi-Res screens I guess.
My idea is to give us a setting to set some ratio which will decrease screen reslution of viewport for interactive render calculation but result will be up-scaled in to the actual viewport resolution (to fit inside the viewport, like zoomed).

Today the Rhino 6 is finaly out, so my questlion is will the Thea Plugin for Rhino work there too or there is a need on your side to code it for it first?
We depend on Rhino + Thea deeply, so we need to plan updates carefully.

Greetings,
Petr
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

Thea for SketchUp has a way to reduce viewport resolution while running IR, for cases like that.
This will be added to Thea for Rhino but only for Rhino 6 which is currently in development.

Greetings,
George
PiT.79
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

That is cool :)
When we can roughly expect the Thea Plugin for Rhino 6?
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

It is very difficult for me to give a rough estimation but the plan is to reveal more as we go.

Return to “Support & Feedback (Rhino)”