Noise

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: christos

Rombout

When the sun is away you need to check all glass and reflective items i believe.
Benjamin76
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

With the number of lights in the scene and lots of translucent materials in use (division panels, table lamp shrouds, etc.), I won't be surprised to see noise hard to clean up.

The Rhino Sun is another major contributor of fireflies.
My Thea for Rhino blog with tutorials and downloads: https://archvisfangxu.wordpress.com/
My Real-Time Architectural Design in Unreal Engine blog with videos and downloads: https://designcommunicationfx.com/
Bogdan
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Another example. This time on a very simple model. I tested with the glass object as polysurface and single surface. I assigned a thea material instead of rhino default material and I also changed HDRI maps. It is strange how the noise and fireflies are showing up on the curtain wall but not on the glass rail.
Attachments
thea-noise.jpg
Rombout

What color is the interior? Did you also check physical sky, perhaps the other IBL also has hotspots?
Bogdan
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I notice problems when the light from the sun hits materials which are slightly glossy (like the concrete I used) and when those materials with their shiny areas are reflected in the glass. While in some materials this noise is not that visible, on the glass it becomes disturbing.
Attachments
fireflies in reflection.jpg

Return to “Support & Feedback (Rhino)”