Visualarq/thearender problem

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: christos

HenkiedeBoom
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi,

Thearender and visualarq combi behave strangely lately:

I only can make a 'clean' rendering directly after opening a file with Visualarq elements in it.

As soon as I change view or ad/remove/change a visualarq element, thearender seems to duplicate the visualarq geometry, apply default material and mix that with the existing geometry, creating duplicate surface interference.

'normal'rhino geometry does not display same behavior, nor does Rhino-render. IN rhino render al visualarq geometry is rendered normally.

Bug?

NB: materials ar both assigned by layer as well as by object in visualarq properties, that does not seem to make a difference....

Regards,
Attachments
Directly after opening...
Directly after opening...
after working on the file...
after working on the file...
christos
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Hello,

Yes that could be a bug.I need to have a close look at it.
Could you provide the scene please so I can test it ?

Christos
blackice
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

Problems with VisualARQ were always there (I mean by rendering with thea). Time ago talking with Francesc Salla (Asuni), he had told me that many of the problems would be resolved with version 2.0 of VA. I hope that finally and in a reasonable time to arrive at a solution.
>B.
http://www.ngonstudio.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not an artist. I am an image maker. [ Thomas Hoepker ]
HenkiedeBoom
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi,

The file. I removed some objects to make the file lighter. Before sending I tested and the problem is there.

I have no idea if the problem is originating from Thea or Visualarq. But rhinorender and other all behave normally, so my first guess is to address the problem to Thea.

Regards,

EDIT: file still was to big: now it should be attached.
Attachments
160606 Khulna G Theatest.zip
(3.56 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
blackice
Thea A Team
Thea A Team

HenkiedeBoom wrote:Hi,

The file. I removed some objects to make the file lighter. Before sending I tested and the problem is there.

I have no idea if the problem is originating from Thea or Visualarq. But rhinorender and other all behave normally, so my first guess is to address the problem to Thea.

Regards,

EDIT: file still was to big: now it should be attached.
What you have specified is almost certainly due to T4R,i think, but there are others who depend on VA and non perfect integration with Thea ( like other engines have a few shortcomings with VA ). We look forward to version 2.
>B.
http://www.ngonstudio.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not an artist. I am an image maker. [ Thomas Hoepker ]
Markio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I know it's an old thread, but I noticed that Thea doesn't recognize the clipping plane from a section or plan view from VA.
Does anybody know of a solution for this?

edit: using clipping plane from Rhino doesn't give me a filled section in Thea.
christos
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Hi Markio,

Is this a clipping plane provided by VA ? If it is not converted to the scene as a regular Rhino clipping plane, then it can't be passed to Thea I'm afraid.
Markio
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Christos,

I found out that the VA sections aren't recognized by Thea.
Rhino clipping planes are recognized by Thea, but the clipping plane wasn't filled in Thea, you can see inside the components.

Return to “Support & Feedback (Rhino)”