Thea For Rhino v1.5.09.335.1462

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: christos

christos
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Hello everyone,

A new version for Thea For Rhino has been released. You can download it from here.

Changes since last version:

New:
  • Fog medium in the environment settings.
  • Two point perspective camera support
Fixes:
  • Fixed render settings not loaded correctly when opening a Rhino file from the file explorer
  • Fixed content browser not showing materials from the root directory
  • Fixed render region image scaling in Thea Darkroom
  • Fixed incorrect material preset when switching from the integrated material editor to presets editor
  • Limited darkroom panning to view port edge
Here's a render sample with fog enabled:
Rhino Fog
Rhino Fog
Best regards,
Christos
Peter H
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thanks a lot Christos,

I was awaiting two point perspective camera support long time and finally it is here. GREAT :thumbup:

Cheers
P.
Benjamin76

IMO,this is one of the best updates.
My Thea for Rhino blog with tutorials and downloads: https://archvisfangxu.wordpress.com/
My Real-Time Architectural Design in Unreal Engine blog with videos and downloads: https://designcommunicationfx.com/
laborda
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks for the update!
I wonder if now is possible to create a solid light effect?
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

The fog in the example image is generated by the sun (and sky). Any light (point, mesh) will create volumetric effects with fog enabled.
D-W
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I know update was long time ago but now i've finaly updated windows to this sh**ty creators update and i dont have ir in window at all any thoughts on that ? I mean i clik start ir and gpu and cpu starts working but theres no image in viewport :/
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

Have you tried McNeel's workaround?
https://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/5/video/h ... ion_screen

Greetings,
George
D-W
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

George yep it was first thing but i found out that if i turn off accelerated viewport thea works ok. If it is on viewport image freezes thea starts to calculate but theres no new image it just frezes current viewport in that place where i've started ir - so far -> Rhino repair + newest nvidia drivers + deleted t4rplug and fresh instal reset and nothing changed - all toolbars and tabs looks ok i see all options but i dont see ir prev at all in viewport - im having this issue on zbook i have here intel hd 530 + quadro m4000m

EDIT: That's very interesting. When i change to not use acceleration in viewport ir works and while it works ill change back to accelerated mode it is still running but when i stop and start again it frezzes again ? :wtf: Christos any thoughts?
christos
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

D-W wrote: That's very interesting. When i change to not use acceleration in viewport ir works and while it works ill change back to accelerated mode it is still running but when i stop and start again it frezzes again ? :wtf: Christos any thoughts?
I think it's windows 10 specific.
I tried it on my windows 7 machine and turning the accelerated mode on or off makes no difference. :problem:
D-W
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

christos wrote:I think it's windows 10 specific.
I tried it on my windows 7 machine and turning the accelerated mode on or off makes no difference. :problem:
In particular, it is creators update 1703/1709 specific cause on win10 v16** everything was working smooth

Return to “Versions & Resources (Rhino)”