Exterior Pavements Material Library

Development versions, documentation, tutorials and application resources may be found here.

Moderator: patricks

giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Dear friends,

our exterior pavements library is now available! A set of 14 unique high quality materials along with 10 close-up variations to dress your exterior architectural pavements, with high resolution professional texture maps, including displacement and bump. During installation, a new sub folder called "Exterior Pavements" is created under Materials data folder. A material name that starts with 2x2 means that the textures used have 2048 x 2048 resolution, 4x4 means 4096x4096 and so on.

The textures have been setup with Cubic mapping for easy assignment (drag & drop ready, no need to mess with scaling) - the only exception are the materials with displacement (UV mapping is required for them). Please, check this thread for a short tutorial on cubic mapping. The library can be installed and used only by licensed customers within Thea Render context [Copyright (C) - Solid Iris Technologies].

How to install the library
1. Go to our forum page that contains the library download links: http://www.thearender.com/forum/viewtop ... 111&t=7011
2. The above requires that you are a member of the licensed user club (if not, please send us an e-mail with your forum nickname along with your order id or reseller info).
3. Download the library somewhere on your hard disk (please, be patient, since these libraries are not small!)
4. You can launch Thea Studio and open the downloaded file (on Windows, you can more easily double click on the file from the explorer).
5. You have to agree on the license agreement before going on (which is the same updated licensed agreement as for Thea Render itself).
6. Then click on the check button and the necessary files will be copied to your Materials data folder (you can also change this default location).
7. Congratulations, now you have the library installed!

Important: library installation requires Thea revision 610 or above.

best wishes

You can see below how the pavement materials are rendered with our advanced material simulation scene.
ExteriorPavementsAMS.jpg
ExteriorPavementsAMS.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1820 times
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Thank you for official architectural materials! More please? :D
joe average
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

:) I'm not the only one feeling greedy... these look beautiful. :thumbup:
AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5000+ 2.61 ghz, 2gb Ram, graphics card:512 mb xfx8500gt win 7 home 64 bit
Google Sketchup 8 + Thea Render

http://www.mukulsharma.net/
imodel
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

They are very nice. Would never have guessed a brick material would have two layers. I still have much to learn. 8-)
Coon_Ra
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hey, man, I know the texture of pavement v5, I made it several years ago from some metal texture to look like worn aged rubber surface. But no claims, I set it free for others as used someone else free source texture (like mayang or else, cannot recall). On the other hand someone might make texture of same kind of the same source, you know. But if it is mine I'm just glad some found it useful. But it seems some lost displacement map from the set.

Edit: It was not metal texture, it was plastic, but the source was really mayang:
http://www.mayang.com/textures/Manmade/ ... 090268.JPG
patricks
Thea Technical Artist
Thea Technical Artist

Coon_Ra wrote:Hey, man, I know the texture of pavement v5, I made it several years ago from some metal texture to look like worn aged rubber surface. But no claims, I set it free for others as used someone else free source texture (like mayang or else, cannot recall). On the other hand someone might make texture of same kind of the same source, you know. But if it is mine I'm just glad some found it useful. But it seems some lost displacement map from the set.

Edit: It was not metal texture, it was plastic, but the source was really mayang:
http://www.mayang.com/textures/Manmade/ ... 090268.JPG
Hi Coon_Ra

it is impossible that a image was used from mayang textures .... all textures are 100% procedural without any photo or other image.
in a way i find your comment "nice" because it looks like the material i have created is close to the "real thing" and "confused" you :)

Greetings, Patrick
" Poets say science takes away from the beauty of the stars - mere globs of gas atoms.
I too, can see the stars on a desert night, and feel them. But do I see less or more ? "

Richard P. Feynman
Coon_Ra
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I do not insist on on the authorship. But the shown above texture of mayang was split, recombined, averaged, inverted, corrected, retouched and recolored by me to have 99% same look as in the preview. OK, that similarity misled me. It just shows that copyright is a pretty wiredrawn thing as two persons may reach same result separately and independently by different ways.
First, I tried to create that texture with procedurals, but for close-up it wasn't good as of lack of real fine details like thiny dirt, white dust coating, worn scratches, inclusions sparks, etc, it looked too cg artifical. Then that texture was used as source.
notareal
Thea Support
Thea Support

Coon_Ra. Honestly, similarity lies only in a patter (but still even in that details are quite different; spacing, tiling and so). I believe patricks material is close to concrete detectable warning pavers.

Return to “Versions & Resources (Studio)”