IBL (HDRI) rendering

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: patricks

blair
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hammer

Thanks for the reply! My post goes back a tad and since then I have been doing a good bit of testing/guessing and have a little better feel for the effects of differant IBL setting and rotation that probably get the sun and IBL sun aligned fairly closely. Your reply helped confirm that some of my guesses are going in the right direction.

You said "I would be curious if there are any hard rules to the ratio of intensity the different IBL slots." I am now interested in this also and look forward to what others have to say about the same.
Gateway:Pentium(R)4 CPU 2.53GHz,2.52GHz, 1.0GB RAM,XPpro 32bit SP2, Nvidia GeForce 6600. Know a little SketchUP v7pro and a little Photoshop CS. All helpful thoughts and suggestions will definately be appreciated.
hvanessen
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Is there a connection between the resolution off the background image and the resolution wich you use to render.

I have seen that when these 2 not compare the background is not sharp to see
When i nothing learn then i am dead, but i am a live and kicking so i learn every day
mvmcneil
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I was just think of a way to try and optimize my renders and I was contemplating this process. I design interiors for residential and commercial spaces. I use the renders as a tool during the design process to visualize the designs and for client presentations. So for a single space I may have 6 or 8 renders from different locations. I do know about the IR cache settings, if using Adaptive BSD, but I was thinking this may speed things up a bit as well.

The process I was thinking about is as follows:

1. Have two models, low resolution model and high resolution model.
2. The low resolution model would be a simple room or rooms with all the surfaces in the same general color as the texture maps and sun and lights.
3. The high resolution model would have all the detailed objects and texture maps.
4. Use a thea camera with a spherical projection to render out an HDRI of the lighting setup for the particular room.
5. In the final renders, use the high resolution modeled room with a blurred render of HDRI of the simple room for IBL.

Has anyone tried this process before? Or is this even possible. If so, any advice would be helpful.
saurus
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Good idea.
I don't know if it is doable...the problem of synchronizing the HDR and 3D space?
Rombout

dont think this would really work... not sure i never use BSD
But a different angle also does mean different light bouncing and so on.
So i think light could be really different and the light cache could be different
jershaun
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi

This is a long thread and this has probably been asked before therefore I'll start by apologising if it has been covered.

I'm lighting my scene with a HDRI/IBL but I can't get shadows to show up. If you see the attached image, the HDRI has a bright sun (shown in the reflections) but the corresponding shadows for this bright sun is missing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Attachments
Thea IBL.jpg
Thea IBL.jpg (144.37 KiB) Viewed 880 times
Jershaun
http://www.jershaun.com
Vw2017, C4D17, Vray, TheaRender, Octane Render
Core i7-2600 3.4Ghz
16GB DDR3 1333
500GB & 1TB
GeForce GTX 560 Ti 2GB
Windows 10
PINOY
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi, i am having problem loading a VizPeople HDRI 24k about 300+MB
I got 16gig of ram, is this not enough?
Thanks
warnotte
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wich problem ?
PINOY
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I'm having problem loading 24k hdri in image base or background map.
I'm using new iMac with 16gig ram. So I am not sure if I got enough memory.

Prior to that I was loading 12k hdri with my 150mb scene but it just won't load.
My work around was open new dummy scene wih just a cube and load my
Hdri then save it in the sky folder no problem.

Cheers
thirty6
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi All

Just bought a Peter Guthrie HDRI (1123) but when i render TR1 the scene look fine but the sky is completely burnt out. HDR enabled in the IBL intensity 1, iso 100, shutter 200, f number 8, gamma 2.2, brightness 1. If i alter the setting to get the sky to show then the rest of the scene is too dark.

Any thoughts on were i am going wrong?

Matthew

Return to “Support & Feedback (Studio)”