I've been always using iMacs and MacBook Pros with Thea Render until a couple of weeks ago and I've been scoring really, really low in Thea benchmark results (around 500 pts!). And I have decided finally to switch to Windows and I bought myself a powerful laptop, the Alienware Area 51m with i9 9900k and RTX 2080 (both desktop versions) with 32gb of ram...
First thing I did was to run Thea benchmark and my score is now around 5000 pts... Of course, I find it MUCH better than what I was used to but my comparison is so irrelevant in this case... so I started searching results in the benchmark results and I found out that @slave with my almost identical specs (CLEVO model P775TM1-G with i9 9900K and RTX 2080 desktop version, but with 16 gb of ram) got double of my score and another user, with i7 8750H and RTX 2070 MaxQ, performs better than my computer.
So my questions are:
1. Is there any type of optimization I could do in order to get better results?
2. How reliable are Thea benchmark results?
3. What model could possibly this i7 8750H-RTX2070 MaxQ that out performs the Alienware Area 51m?
4. Are there specific laptops that are recommended for Thea Render? (Desktop is not an option for me)
Hope you can help me guys.
Thank you very much in advance,
Smalltalk and interesting stuff about everything else.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Licensed User v1.5
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:36 am
- Location: Durbanville, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Has thanked: 4 times
- Been thanked: 3 times
Great machine, I have an earlier version, using i7 7700K with GTX1080 and 64GB RAM also with PCIE 512GB Samsung SSD for C: and SATA 1TB Samsung SSD for D: - it hasn't missed a beat since I've had it.
Save the Earth, it's the only planet with chocolate.