wine bottle cabernet sauvignon

Get feedback on your current artwork.
3DCGdesign
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:47 am

Scene shared. Thank you.

I got them sort of fixed by changing the color of the liquid to near white, then just photoshopped the color back into the liquid. :wtf: :)
Tomasz
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:47 am

Thea Knowledge-Base - Rendering Liquid in Glass

I have assigned proper Containers to the bottle parts and it renders without this peculiar reflection.

It is also possible to have very detailed group/component say 100x larger and then scale the group down to 0.01 to get real physical size. It will be safer from refractive materials perspective, as they would have real-life values, instead being tweaked to match. There rendering shown below still uses the original very large size. I didn't change it, but it may be worth exploring.
Attachments
WineBottle-Rose-Min-28DegCam.png
These users thanked the author Tomasz for the post:
3DCGdesign (Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:02 pm)
Rating: 4%
3DCGdesign
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:05 pm

Thanks Tomasz - I'm sure you're right about the containers helping and for sure, the color of the liquid was to match a photo that I found out the client had tweaked very unrealistically in photoshop, the real liquid color is much more reasonable.

I appreciate you for taking the time to find the error. :clap:

The reflection still appears to be odd somehow. But it turns out the client requested that I just flip a copy of the bottle upside down and under the original bottle, so that the "reflection" is able to be masked by object, reflections, etc. So these caustics turned out to be a non-issue. :|

Return to “Work in Progress”