Large areas covered with grass

Get feedback on your current artwork.
Hieru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

As good as Skatter is, it's still going to be resource hungry for a shot like this.

I would use the grass material you already have (switch the texture to projected to get rid of the mismatched textures around the property). Using a material mask I'd then overlay some grass in post. Despite owning Skatter, I still use this approach for larger areas.
leminilab
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Post-production is absolutely an option!
Given you find the appropriate photo to map (a lot of resources are free and available) and use a grass mask brush (some are available here for example : https://www.brusheezy.com/free/grass?co ... in_se=true) to soften the texture/render transitions.
Live every day as if it were your last and then some day you'll be right.
19marco23
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Te lo scrivo in italiano cosi lo capisci meglio :-) spendili due soldi e di a tua figlia che i plugin servono! ahah! Vedi avevo ragione io, è l'unica strada per avere un risultato degno dei tuoi lavori!
seraleklee1
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

:lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:
19marco23 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:03 am Te lo scrivo in italiano cosi lo capisci meglio :-) spendili due soldi e di a tua figlia che i plugin servono! ahah! Vedi avevo ragione io, è l'unica strada per avere un risultato degno dei tuoi lavori!
i9 7920X - Zotac 3070 TI - 32 gb ram
seraleklee1
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

seraleklee1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:03 am :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:
19marco23 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:03 am Te lo scrivo in italiano cosi lo capisci meglio :-) spendili due soldi e di a tua figlia che i plugin servono! ahah! Vedi avevo ragione io, è l'unica strada per avere un risultato degno dei tuoi lavori!
or use Enscape :)
Attachments
Enscape_2021-09-16-00-12-13sm.jpg
seraleklee1
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

It is not the first time that I use Thearender for interiors, in my opinion among the best rendering engines, and for exteriors I am forced to use other software for the reasons explained in my post. It would be great if the Thea team studied a feature to facilitate the insertion of large expanses of vegetation. Thanks everyone for the answers. :wave:
samnorth
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

I found Enscape is great for relatively simple stuff but Thea is better suited for very detailed/heavy landscapes (combined with skatter and a lot of plants of course)
Hieru
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

seraleklee1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:12 am It is not the first time that I use Thearender for interiors, in my opinion among the best rendering engines, and for exteriors I am forced to use other software for the reasons explained in my post. It would be great if the Thea team studied a feature to facilitate the insertion of large expanses of vegetation. Thanks everyone for the answers. :wave:
There used to be a grass/fur feature on the development list. Now that things have settled down following the release of V3 hopefully these features can be looked at again.
seraleklee1
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Hieru wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:08 am
seraleklee1 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:12 am It is not the first time that I use Thearender for interiors, in my opinion among the best rendering engines, and for exteriors I am forced to use other software for the reasons explained in my post. It would be great if the Thea team studied a feature to facilitate the insertion of large expanses of vegetation. Thanks everyone for the answers. :wave:
There used to be a grass/fur feature on the development list. Now that things have settled down following the release of V3 hopefully these features can be looked at again.
Yes I hope so too, it would be a very useful feature that they have already implemented in Vray and Corona

Return to “Work in Progress”