Watch Visualization

Final renders, ready to show off.
aviz770
Has thanked: 0

Some fun color combo's on a watch model I did today! Thea really is amazing for product visuals.
watches finished.jpg
george
Thea Render Team
Thea Render Team

Very nice! Well done! 👏
jenujacob
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

aviz770 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:09 am Some fun color combo's on a watch model I did today! Thea really is amazing for product visuals.
watches finished.jpg
thea is amazing for archviz, carviz, plantviz, mechaviz, anything really!!! if only they'd be open about their upcoming releases and roadmaps!!!!

oh and nice watch! your own design? i like it!!!
Win10 x64 | Intel i9-10900K | GeForce RTX 3090 | GeForce RTX 2060| 64Gb Ram
aviz770

george wrote: ↑Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:56 am Very nice! Well done! 👏
Thanks so much George! :)
aviz770

jenujacob wrote: ↑Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:08 am
aviz770 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:09 am Some fun color combo's on a watch model I did today! Thea really is amazing for product visuals.
watches finished.jpg
thea is amazing for archviz, carviz, plantviz, mechaviz, anything really!!! if only they'd be open about their upcoming releases and roadmaps!!!!

oh and nice watch! your own design? i like it!!!
Thanks JenuJacob! The watch was based off an image I found on Pinterest, but the watch had no branding and the link lead to a Chinese knock-off website, so it's probably a copy of something else :lol: Certainly a classy design tho!

I fully agree on Thea being awesome for all those things! I also really, really wish we'd get any little tidbit on the next release. Thea still has the potential to break onto the market in a really big way in my opinion, especially if they were to publish some Thea based making-ofs/reviews on the big archviz websites (Ronen Bekerman, CGarchitect etc) whenever version 3.0 is finally released. Render output is easily as realistic as other big names in the market such as Corona and Vray, (although lacking a relight type system as of right now, it sounds like that will be re-introduced in V.3.)

As someone who has been using the software since around 2015 or so, it's always puzzled me that the industry hasn't taken more of an interest in it, and I really think it comes down to lack of an overall software roadmap/updates on future releases etc. Definitely not trying to insult the hard work that the Thea Team is doing on the next release, I'm sure there's lots of moving parts behind the scenes that we can't see. However, any sort of update on the future of the software would be very much appreciated by the community I'm sure!
jenujacob
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

aviz770 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:04 pm I fully agree on Thea being awesome for all those things! I also really, really wish we'd get any little tidbit on the next release. Thea still has the potential to break onto the market in a really big way in my opinion, especially if they were to publish some Thea based making-ofs/reviews on the big archviz websites (Ronen Bekerman, CGarchitect etc) whenever version 3.0 is finally released. Render output is easily as realistic as other big names in the market such as Corona and Vray, (although lacking a relight type system as of right now, it sounds like that will be re-introduced in V.3.)

As someone who has been using the software since around 2015 or so, it's always puzzled me that the industry hasn't taken more of an interest in it, and I really think it comes down to lack of an overall software roadmap/updates on future releases etc. Definitely not trying to insult the hard work that the Thea Team is doing on the next release, I'm sure there's lots of moving parts behind the scenes that we can't see. However, any sort of update on the future of the software would be very much appreciated by the community I'm sure!
i agree with all your points here! in fact, this has been discussed many times before... and i don't want to derail your topic here!

but the TL;DR version is: the archviz industry is unfortunately revolved around the big software (AKA 3DSmax, C4D, Maya etc). if you don't have a user base from those DCC apps, the visibility of the software is diminished!
Thea had at one point plugins for all the major DCC apps including blender... but alas, they are all dead! Myself, I am thankful for the SU plugin that Tomaz is so keenly working on with tremendous success. SO, yea.. this gem of a render engine is invisible to 75% or so of users around the world!
I hope Altair is listening!
Win10 x64 | Intel i9-10900K | GeForce RTX 3090 | GeForce RTX 2060| 64Gb Ram
OSKAR.MESZAR
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Nice renders, no doubt about it. :thumbup:

Regarding THEA RENDER - we all hope that official release of THEA 3 will come pretty soon - everybody is working hard.
Thea is definitely as good as Vray and Thea speed is amazing. The only problem is marketing. I really hope this is gonna change.
Maybe the V3 realease is gonna be the trigger.

I am trying my best spreading word about this awesome renderer - teaching people rendering in Thea in Slovakia in our design academy school.
And I see that people love that. But on the other hand they always ask me: Do you teach Vray as well? :)
Vray is everywhere, internet full of tutorials, so they automatically tend to VRAY. Its SAD SAD SAD.

Thea team is working hard, the only question is how serious ALTAIR is taking their work and how much money they want to spend on advertising.
I really want to hope that this marketing issue will be solved pretty soon.
Fingers crossed.

Return to “Showcase”