Everything related to Altair Inspire Render beta

Moderator: claudio

panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:47 pm

Takkegek wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:13 pm
- license window in beginning - veryvery slow ( don't know why, maybe I am doing something wrong )
How much slow?
Takkegek wrote:
- opened an old thea studio v1.5 format file, crashed immediately ( perhaps the instancing of the 1.5 makes the file to big )
Could you send us the scene... in private message?
Takkegek wrote:
- after this I opened a smaller file and put interactive render on -> but can not switch this off ( while the button says just to click again, maybe I don't get it )
ir stop.png
ir stop.png (47.11 KiB) Viewed 475 times
press the previous left button(Display Modes) and select the "shaded" option... as the images shows.
Pixero
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:26 pm

JQL wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:59 pm

The thing is that I asked for a quote for the software but got no answer...
:lol:
claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:19 am

Hi JQL, Takkegek

Thank you for your interest in Inspire Render.

For selling Inspire Render and Studio we rely completely on resellers, we don't sell these products directly.
Unfortunately they are a bit slow in updating their listings and thus responding to customers for now.

I'm providing here a quick overview of how Inspire Render and Studio are commercialized.
IMPORTANT: This information are just informative, still refer to the resellers for the actual pricing and offers.

There are two licensing models:
  • sTU license -- This is a sort of floating license based on connection to a remote license server.
    It allows you to download and run ALL the Altair Inspire line of products (there are 13 of them) based on the number of units you buy.
    This is mostly for companies that need to run different products, it is not the best choice for individuals running Inspire Render or Inspire Studio alone
    See this page from a reseller for an explanation of the sTU licensing model. Scroll down for actual prices. https://www.design8.eu/en/altair/solidthinking-units
    ( BTW, the Inspire Studio introductory offer at the bottom of the page is VERY interesting!)
  • Standalone license -- This is a yearly-based single user license locked to a single computer. This is cheaper then sTU licenses, but allows you to run only the specific product.
    This is the one you will probably be mostly interested in
These resellers updated their listing with Inspire Studio, you can browse their pages for prices and offers:
https://www.design8.eu/en/altair/solidthinking-units and also this https://www.design8.eu/en/design-softwa ... ire-studio
https://novedge.com/products/15812
I'm sure they will soon add a page for Inspire Render and more resellers will update their pages.

I'm sorry again for the delays in the sales process.
We are launching this new licensing system and probably resellers need time to adjust.

Thanks,
-Claudio
Takkegek
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:59 pm

Hello panagiotis and claudio,

-it was minutes waiting for it. Perhaps my internetconnection was slow by then?
-I will send you the file.
-shaded button works indeed, I thought it was the same button right to it because it says 'Click again to pauze/continue' when I hoover it.
-thank you for quick response!
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:00 pm

For me it's strange that you have to sell this through resellers. In the global market not having at least the simpler product sold directly online is not cool. If the specialized sTU license is probably justified, Inspire render or even stydio is not, IMHO.

I honestly never ask for software quotes myself. This case is an exception as it's Thea we are talking about.

Edit:

I went to check the site. So I need to spend 750eur anualy to have access to inspire render?

Does two units mean two people can use it?

If not, why not 1 unit?

The standalone license is how much? Couldn't find it.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
DavePSB

Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:54 pm

I think maybe he's talking about the part under under "Rental Licences", whatever those are. Only Inspire Studio is mentioned there. Its odd that it implies the normal price of Inspire Studio is e750/yr. But reading the other info, e750/yr is equal to 2 units, which only gets you Inspire Render. Whatever product they are talking about, you get it for e499/yr. But I assume it then goes up to 750/yr after the first year (unless they really are talking about Inspire Studio, in which case maybe it goes up to e1875/yr. Shame they can't make that clearer.

Regarding "why not 1 unit", how about this theory. It seems one unit is e375. They want e750 for Inspire Render, and e1875 for Studio+Render. Assume they like round numbers for some reason. If they had made one unit = e750 (ie, 1 unit for Inspire Render), that would mean they would have to charge 2.5 units for Studio+Render, and their whole system would collapse. I doubt it means two users.

I'm still not clear on what happens to my 2.2 investment.
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
i7-4790,3.6GHz,32 Gb,
Nvidia GTX980Ti,6Gb,Driver 416.94
Thea Studio v1.5.09.1462
SUMake 2015 15.0.9350,Plugin v1.5.09.547.1462
SUMake 2017 17.2.2555,Plugin v2.0.00.811.1816
Blender 2.79, Plugin 1.5.8.760.1455
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:43 pm

Nothing is clear enough. It seems too much money comparing to vray or Corona, but in the SketchUp realm we only have Thea and Vray.

Honestly when I started those were also the options,Thea or Vray. Thea seemed better because of Presto, no biased setup needed, price and friendly community (I came from KT and Sketchucation). Vray was standard, had a lot more tutorials, assets and the community was also strong, price was steeper.

Now you can compare both the same way: Thea's community has seen better days while vray isn't as tight but it's everywhere. Assets are still nothing to compare and vray wins, Thea is still better but has less features (no direct substance support, no unreal integration or any other real-time engine) and now it seems thea's price is double than vray, vray has a perpetual license and a cheaper rental.

Unless I'm failing to see, and I hope I am, cost related it's a no brainer and Vray wins. It also wins in a lot of other important features.

We are not even talking about other high quality not so realistic options that are shaking the foundation of photorealistic render itself with real-time rendering.

Please tell me I'm wrong but I think Thea will loose ground fast and that hurts.
These users thanked the author JQL for the post (total 3):
Pixero (Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:24 pm) • nigec (Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:57 pm) • Rosco (Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:41 am)
Rating: 12%
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi All, I'm going to reply to most of the posts here.

License: I'll try to explain as best as I can.
  • sTU license is floating and allow other applications to be downloaded and run, without having to buy separate licenses for each. As I said in the previous post, this is primarily for medium/big companies, so leave it aside for now.
  • Standalone (rental) license is for a single product only and is an annual license. As per this reseller (https://www.design8.eu/en/altair/solidthinking-units) it is 750 euro/year for Inspire Studio. Of course Inspire Render will be less.
    This is NOT a first year only price: it is THE annual price.
    I also restate that the introductory offer here https://www.design8.eu/en/altair/solidthinking-units is REALLY appealing: euro 499 for also all the modeling (NURBS/Polygonal/SubDivs with Construction History) is a SUPER price.
    Please take the time to evaluate the modeling capabilities, you will be surprised.
JQL wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:00 pm
For me it's strange that you have to sell this through resellers. In the global market not having at least the simpler product sold directly online is not cool. If the specialized sTU license is probably justified, Inspire render or even stydio is not, IMHO.
We are working to have a direct sales channel. You wouldn't believe how things get complicated when legal issues are involved.... :crazy:
JQL wrote:
Unless I'm failing to see, and I hope I am, cost related it's a no brainer and Vray wins. It also wins in a lot of other important features.
Inspire Render and V-Ray are going to have very similar pricing.
JQL wrote:
We are not even talking about other high quality not so realistic options that are shaking the foundation of photorealistic render itself with real-time rendering.
Inspire Studio/Render have a Real-Time rendering included. No need for separate products and export back and forth. We are also actively working on it and it will grow constantly. It also works directly with the same Thea materials in the library, no special materials required or having to learn another material system. Also the same scene can be directly rendered using Thea engine for best quality.
This are two sample videos made with the integrated animation and RealTime rendering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlWHFlHRDe0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpF384N6IY
JQL wrote:
Thea is still better but has less features (no direct substance support, no unreal integration or any other real-time engine)
We are reviving the substance converter, expect an announcement soon.
We don't need unreal, we have the internal RealTime renderer.

Take also a look at this channel for examples of modeling (and rendering) with Inspire Studio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7IQbkZRco

Thanks,
-Claudio
These users thanked the author claudio for the post (total 2):
Hieru (Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:49 pm) • JQL (Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:01 am)
Rating: 8%
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:13 am

Claudio,

That is a fine post.

I agree that Inspire Studio for 499 is a great price.

I knew from previous testing that you had real-time rendering but I didn't think it was up there yet. Unreal engine is, lumion and enscape too, there is also unity. All of these already have great quality.

Are you going to keep pushing for it?

Can we expect to see that real-time engine integrated into T4SU?

In what regards to substance, what I'd love to see is the ability tointegrate a .sbsar file in the material so we e can tweak it on the fly without the hassle to have to export raster images through the converter.

As it is I rather export the textures to a folder and use them directly.

Anyway, I'm glad if you are working on these things.

Edit: I think it would be wise to lower the price comparing to Vray. They basically own the market and in my opinion the market is shifting towards real-time, it's not growing for offline rendering.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 am

Takkegek wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:59 pm
Hello panagiotis and claudio,
-I will send you the file.
scene received... We will examine it. Thank you.