Moderator: claudio

quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Is there a desertion from Sketchup towards Blender? :D
nigec
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

It's the subscription thing for me with Sketchup, at some point backward compatibility is going to be an issue, there is already stuff making it hard between say 2019 and 2021.
Just keeping my options open :)
I have a AMD GPU which doesn't always play nice so I try ProRender to compare results
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
My Gallery
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

quickit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:48 am
JQL wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:01 pm Stopping Thea for render made me sad. But what is disappointing you on Cycles? Have you seen this?

https://blendermarket.com/products/e-cycles
stopping thea for render? what do you mean Joao?
Whoa. That was my phone doing. I meant stopping Thea for Blender made me sad. Blender is the home for many and very interesting artists. I do understand that they have too many options and most of them free, so Thea might not be the most natural choice, but even so...

I'm not stopping Thea. No way. Thea for Sketchup is still unbeatable and I have it tightly integrated in my workflow. What I'm also using is Twinmotion. Quality is not what I like and I like to use Thea to study my projects as usual. Fire an IR render and see light and materials with Thea. That is great.

However, clients love the interactive presentations I can pull of with Twinmotion. I'm also testing a new Beta that pushes Twinmotion into Unreal and that might be a game changer in a couple of months.

I'd love to see Thea integration into Unreal and, better yet, into Twinmotion and then from Twinmotion to Unreal. That would be the best of all worlds if we could prepare Thea materials and proxies, and they would be ready for twinmotion too and from Twinmotion they could be sent to Unreal.

What this would allow would be awesome for Thea users and would probably capture a lot of Twinmotion/Unreal users here too. The notion I have is that is a HUGE userbase.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

victor wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:46 am LuxCore works nicely in Blender also some others like Redshift are arriving.
I didn't notice Victor was here.

I think Victor might know a lot about how to integrate Thea within a Twinmotion and Unreal workflow. Aren't you behind everything related to Datasmith Victor?

Couldn't Datasmith for Sketchup, be able to read Thea maps and proxies? Can I start nagging Tomasz about that? I can be a pain in the ar... if needed :D
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

quickit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:51 am Is there a desertion from Sketchup towards Blender? :D
I don't believe there is. Not from me.

However, Layout is giving me grey hair. I would desert from that.

I also suspect that I will be needing BIM in a middle term.

In that regard I've been watching closely BlenderBIM development as Blender is an amazing platform, that only fails in delivering 2D drafting output. Layout is a pain, but it's also what makes it possible for me to use Sketchup in a full workflow for Architecture.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

;)
I'd love to have a Thea4SU to Lumion importer like Lime Exporter that fills the gap between 3dsmax and Lumion as well. I'm also into Twinmotion/Unreal as it gives access to the tremenduous Megascan library as an Epic user.

Sorry for the Inspire Render thread which has been hikacked a bit (a lot),,,
quickit
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

JQL wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:21 am I also suspect that I will be needing BIM in a middle term.

In that regard I've been watching closely BlenderBIM development as Blender is an amazing platform, that only fails in delivering 2D drafting output. Layout is a pain, but it's also what makes it possible for me to use Sketchup in a full workflow for Architecture.
All my SU friends are using BricsCAD for BIM purposes.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

quickit wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:23 am
JQL wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:21 am I also suspect that I will be needing BIM in a middle term.

All my SU friends are using BricsCAD for BIM purposes.
It does seem good. I'm using Sketchup...
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
victor

JQL wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:18 am
victor wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:46 am LuxCore works nicely in Blender also some others like Redshift are arriving.
I didn't notice Victor was here.

I think Victor might know a lot about how to integrate Thea within a Twinmotion and Unreal workflow. Aren't you behind everything related to Datasmith Victor?

Couldn't Datasmith for Sketchup, be able to read Thea maps and proxies? Can I start nagging Tomasz about that? I can be a pain in the ar... if needed :D
:wave:
I sold it a long time ago to Epic, also I've been making some external consultancy tasks for Epic too. Now I'm focused on other projects like Anima (the crowd system) and Motiva Layama.
https://www.motivacg.com
· CGArt & Technology ·

Return to “Altair Inspire Render beta”