Everything related to Altair Inspire Render beta

Moderator: claudio

Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:37 am

Beta 3
OSX 10.11.6

I would like to make a request for the option to be able to search for materials and model browser. This new method from categorizing materials and models will make the hierarchy kind of messy. This is because eventually, you'll end up with all kinds of the same categories spread over many different folders. This method will cause more hustle to find the proper material.

A search function could help in this case to minimize this.

PS will the material browser be expanded with functionality? We cant do anything now and the 2 items which show on righ-click are greyed out.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 20.55.54.png
claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 pm

In another discussion I suggested we may add a search function. So, yes :)

Those items are greyed out because Only the User author (your Assets) can be changed, the others are read-only.
(You can manually move them into the user folder, but you will lose the automatic updates -- not yet working but they will)
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:51 pm

And in that other discussion I actually thought that I'm not fond of search bars. I'm not against them of course, but I'm a visual guy and like things sorted out nicelly in an overall panorama.

I like how your library works, where all materials are visible and you can filter them out with a simple click, I'm just afraid that the simple click won't be that simple once everything will be split by author.
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:32 am

THe issue with this library method and the user method is that equal materials will be devided over multiple folders. So if your looking for a certain wood type they can be in multiple folders, thats why a global search is needed. Otherwise the users is forced to tons of clicking.