Everything related to Altair Inspire Render beta

Moderator: claudio

Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:13 am

beta 3
osx 10.11.6

I miss the option to save, properly delete or add a new image cache. We can now only delete it and than its really gone. In the Studio we can delete the cache but the render is kept in the darkroom. We can add new cached and refresh, also we can do an export from them separately.
We also can resume renders which is also missing now.

Thea cache method is way more inventive than this current one. Also i dont understand why the scenes are saves as well together with img.thea files?!?! I noted this before didnt got an answer. But i did make a lot of points so perhaps it was overlooked. This will really add tons of data really fast.

So i wonder why this is done. Perhaps it has something todo with the render queue i guess
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 20.05.09.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 20.05.09.png (171.74 KiB) Viewed 776 times
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:47 am

Rombout wrote:

We also can resume renders which is also missing now.

Thea cache method is way more inventive than this current one. Also i dont understand why the scenes are saves as well together with img.thea files?!?! I noted this before didnt got an answer. But i did make a lot of points so perhaps it was overlooked. This will really add tons of data really fast.
Hi Rombout,
You can resume rendering, if you are rendering with Presto or FULL engine. See the image below and follow the red arrow.
Annotation 2019-06-28 143247.png
Annotation 2019-06-28 143247.png (290.6 KiB) Viewed 770 times
The "Image Browser" tab you see at the bottom is like your gallery/history of your work not a place for temp files.
You can edit them, export them as png, jpg, and some other formats or you can resume rendering. For editing you need the img.thea file, where all the info are stored there, and the scn.thea is kept for resume the rendering.

But you can resume rendering, but it does not do it immediately. It has to go to the render queue first. And if you have many files there, first it will do the other files, unless you move it to the top.
claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Rombout wrote:
Also i dont understand why the scenes are saves as well together with img.thea files?!?!
In order to be able to resume a rendering you need the .scn.thea file.
We may add some options to get rid of the scene files, fix disk space limits to raise warnings, etc.
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:30 am

Well when i press that button it basically does a new render with the new sample input. It does not resume a render. Perhaps im doing something wrong. How can it actually know what to resume anyway?

In studio you can revert a render but i believe Irender does this as well. When you you have these reloaded or active you than had to add samples to the scene a click resume. But with Irender i only get it to restart each time.
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:32 am

Can you see the problem with resume on Beta 4? I tried and search but I cannot replicate on my machine, the resume problem. Can you go to the rendering Images folder and see if there is the img.thea file there? :think: