Everything related to Altair Inspire Render beta

Moderator: claudio

JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 pm

gelbuilding wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:54 am

Any suggestions what I need to do to correct this error.
The material was created with Substance Thea Convertor.
I will take a look at the normal texture. The color of the horizontal surface must be something like a perfect mix of blue and red and green or something like that
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:09 pm

PS Claudio
Setting "Global Illumination (Real-time)" to "Accurate" improve the lighting on half interior/exterior scenes such as the Sponza model I posted before. This works only on Windows with graphic cards not too old (it needs some modern OpenGL features). Unfortunately, Apple dropped OpenGL support since a few years now and does not support those features. :x

Okay thats why thus, why OpenGL. Isnt that getting old? Its stated as being a dinosaur. Hope something else could be used so mac users also profit from this. Why not use something like; Direct3D, Vulkan or Metal? Metal is not handy actually, thats mac only.
Last edited by Rombout on Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:13 pm

that img.thea file is for the Darkroom. it also stores relight information by the way. Only issue with that in Studio was/is, that relight isnt stored by component name. It uses a super simple "order" formating. So if you had setup everything and than change the sorting to alphabetically you basically destroyed your setup.

I hope the relight has been setup way more clever than this. But i guess the relight parts needs more work. Its to bulky now and doesnt work as smooth as Studio.
claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:53 pm

Rombout wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:09 pm
Okay thats why thus, why OpenGL. Isnt that getting old? Its stated as being a dinosaur. Hope something else could be used so mac users also profit from this. Why not use something like; Direct3D, Vulkan or Metal? Metal is not handy actually, thats mac only.
Well, OpenGL is still alive, even though it is so old now.
Vulkan will come, but for now it's not as supported as OpenGL.
DirectX and Metal are proprietary technologies and work on their respective architectures only.

<begin of rant>
The whole blame is on Apple, and their fixation of doing everything different than the rest of the world.
Disclaimer: this is a my personal opinion.
<end of rant>
These users thanked the author claudio for the post:
panagiotis (Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:57 pm)
Rating: 4%
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:00 pm

Yes i get that that Apple rant... :lol:

As much as i like Apple, since a while there's also quite some stuff i hate.
panagiotis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 pm

Rombout wrote:

I hope the relight has been setup way more clever than this. But i guess the relight parts needs more work. Its to bulky now and doesnt work as smooth as Studio.
yes relight needs feeback. You are welcome in the next beta release "3" to help me improve it, by pointing some errors. Would be much much appreciated.

Thank you.
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:28 pm

panagiotis wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 pm
Rombout wrote:

yes relight needs feeback. You are welcome in the next beta release "3" to help me improve it, by pointing some errors. Would be much much appreciated.

Thank you.
Already noted some feedback in earlier posts. see this post, it has a part for relight. Perhaps also look how the old one worked, i miss the single isolate button it has. Thats the top left corner in Thea.

The main issue is this.

Code: Select all

<Parameter Name="./Blending/Total Frames" Type="Integer" Value="100"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Start Frame" Type="Integer" Value="0"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/End Frame" Type="Integer" Value="100"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Current Frame" Type="Integer" Value="10"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Begin Frames" Type="Boolean" Value="1"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 0/Weight 0" Type="String" Value="1 1 1 1 1"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 0/Weight 1" Type="String" Value="1 1 1 1 1"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 0/Weight 2" Type="String" Value="1 1 1 1 1"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 10/Weight 0" Type="String" Value="0.25 1 1 1 0"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 10/Weight 1" Type="String" Value="0.25 1 1 1 0"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 10/Weight 2" Type="String" Value="0.25 1 1 1 1"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 20/Weight 0" Type="String" Value="0 1 1 1 1"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 20/Weight 1" Type="String" Value="0 1 1 1 1"/>
<Parameter Name="./Blending/Frame 20/Weight 2" Type="String" Value="1 1 1 1 1"/>
</Object>
You see those "Weight 0", "weight 1" and "weight 3" those should be reference by name. This is causing an issue when you either add lights and they are different in alphabetacal order or when you adjust the ordering. But the ordering cant be an issue yet, Inspire doesnt have that option yet in the scene list panel.
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:16 pm

PS i forgot about one big issue i have with the input method for properties. It has also the combination between sliding and manual input. But the slide input is useless for me on OSX. I cant control it properly because it feels like it has momentum orso. It starts a bit slow and than feels like its speeding up. I tried it a couple times, but i cant control it properly.

PS also there needs to be looked at how scenes are converted. It really seems to do things on its own. When i open say the cloth scene, thea standard scene. Tons of properties are different compated to the original. Without the same camera properties we can never get the scene the same. I really miss input here. We are to limited now controlling the camera. This is a render software right, so we need to have as much control as possible for a camera.

I jsut noticed one more issue. I was struggling with the cloth scene and getting it the same. The gamma button is at the wrong location and also doesnt work properly. When you compare it to thea it renders way to dark, but it was checked. Than i noticed when i unchecked and checked it 1-2 times, now the render does work. I had this same issue with a different checkbox, where it didnt work the first time.

I do believe you said something about gamma and it not working. Somehow in IR it popped on???
duanekemp
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:45 pm

JQL wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:18 pm
IMG.thea os the full rendered info. It has all colors in 32bit, channels, parameters, relight options and if you load into the corresponding scene you can resume rendering.
Amen!

This, to me seems an oversight if Altair does not import img.thea files.... some of which take 20 hours or more to produce for big scenes...
but, to not be on the list of Inspire as an import option?! Makes no sense to me. img.thea files are exported to use for relight and studio for the day that Studio becomes a reality. However, IF Altair does not realise the FUNCTION of previous Studio scenes from img.thea files... we have an archive of overweight files only waiting.... for a Studio relight scenario that existed in 1.5.... but for V2.

Please do NOT forget this file type and a way to integrate it.

JQL seems to be more explicative as to the reason for these files... and seems a shame that our voices would have to inform anyone of past uses for post as "relight" in Stuido V1.5.

THIS HAS TO be integrated!!!!

Or, I've been saving out my relight data for two years for nothing and I cannot justify that it's for nothing because the new Altair version forgot it exists or the reasons to have them within studio.

PLEASE respond as this is NOT a superficial topic that is only coming up by chance. This is a primordial issue for anyone who has been hoping to use a Studio for relight!
SketchUp & Thea Render are my tools
What else is there to know? :-)

Thea Render Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/shadenlightusersgroup/

https://duanekemp.artstation.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/Kemp.Productions
gelbuilding
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:24 am

Had to change the normal map down to 2 for the reflection to look correct.

I tried to change the scale of the floor texture and selected all the maps and to my amazement, it didn't work see render below.
To fix it, after highlighting all the maps you need to select the "LINK" button directly below for it to work, lol

Regards
George Hadjistavrou
Thea Ready Material available http://www.gelmaterialhub.com