[BUG] Linked UV texture does work

Everything related to Altair Inspire Render beta

Moderator: claudio

Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:18 pm

In beta 2 when i use UV as projection and set 2 other textures to linked, when i move the main one the linked still show there old position when i select them in the list. Is that normal or that a bug?

It seems only thing which works than is using scale from the panel. Adjusting the textures position using the circle doesnt update the linked ones.

We also need manual input i think. The circle widget is a bit wonky to work with, keeps jumping all over the place even when snapping is turning off.
claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer
Has thanked: 0

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:56 pm

Rombout wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:18 pm
In beta 2 when i use UV as projection and set 2 other textures to linked, when i move the main one the linked still show there old position when i select them in the list. Is that normal or that a bug?

It seems only thing which works than is using scale from the panel. Adjusting the textures position using the circle doesnt update the linked ones.

We also need manual input i think. The circle widget is a bit wonky to work with, keeps jumping all over the place even when snapping is turning off.
I tried on beta 3, one thing I see not working is the rotation. Rotating one does not rotate the other.
Everything else seems updating correctly.
We'll fix that and do a proper check anyway.

I don't see the wonkyness you're talking about....
Rombout
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:22 am

I think the wonkyness is due to snapping, it seems to be snapping to geometry.

I tried it again and in Beta 3 does work, not sure when i did the test or if it was beta 2. Im using UV mapped geometry so why i move i only get this blue circle. THe object is 3d mesh of wooden floor, so the circle sometimes flippes 90deg. It keeps doing that even when i disable snapping. It seem to just keep following the surface of the mesh.
claudio
Thea Developer
Thea Developer
Has thanked: 0

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:22 pm

The circle does follow the mesh.
Wherever you click, that is the center of rotation. That allows you to rotate around a meaningful point instead of just the texture origin.