Render Presets will not apply

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: petros

Phillshaw
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Been thanked: 0

Hi guys,

I have had a look around here but I cant find the solution to my issue.

In a nutshell I cannot apply any of the xml render presets in Thea in C4D. I receive the error "Error in reading and applying file preset."

So logic says check the paths, search for the files within finder (im a Mac user on OSX High Sierra) to see if something has been deleted or moved etc etc. I have each of the xml files safely tucked away in both:

/Applications/MAXON/Cinema 4D R19/plugins/Thea Render/Presets
AND
/Applications/Thea Render/Presets

but im still hitting this wall. I have gathered from other similar issues that the files are in fact in the correct place so I cannot work out what the issue is?!

Have I missed something?

Thanks!
petros
Has thanked: 0

Hello.

This is an issue that has been fixed and it will be released in the next version.

Thank you.
Petros.
Phillshaw
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thanks for the update Petros!

Phil
Phillshaw
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Guys,

Does this issue also stretch to the render engines? For example the C4D Plugin Manual says:

"This drop down list presents the available render engines that can be used for Production Rendering. You can simply click and select the one you prefer before start rendering."

Which is fine but I do not have the progressive render engine? Take a look at this image:

Here is my system if that helps things.

I have also discovered that trying to launch the material lab from Cinema4D does not work also, even with "invoke Material Lab on Material Edit". So far I havent really used the standalone except to install the material libraries from the main site, it launches the Studio automatically. Have I misconfigured something during installation to be getting those issues?

Thanks,
Phil
petros

Hello.

Along with Thea Studio, the installer asks you to select a directory for Thea Render Data.
Could you please confirm that this is installed correctly ? it is necessary for the plugin to work (presets are installed along with this).

Regarding the Material Lab, please create a Thea Material and click "Material Lab". Is it launched correctly ?
Last, be sure that you have only the dylib in your <Cinema 4D directory>/plugins/Thea Render/ that matches the Cinema4D version.

Thank you.
Petros.
Phillshaw
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Petros,

Thanks for your reply. As far as im aware I installed everything correctly as per the instructions. I installed Thea to my Application folder in a folder labelled Thea Render. I can see lots of files at that location and I have the presets folder which is: /Applications/Thea Render/Presets so can only assume the installation completed as normal.

You say, "Along with Thea Studio, the installer asks you to select a directory for Thea Render Data." I dont recall the exact prompts from the installer, can I check this? Should I have a folder somewhere labelled ]"Thea Render Data"?

I have "TheaForCinema4D_R19.dylib" in my Maxon>R19>Plugins>Thea folder which relates to my version of C4D. I also have a presets folder in there that has all the xml for the presets you explained about in a previous message.

As far as I can tell everything is installed unless I have missed a key thing out somewhere?

petros

Hello.

The data installation appears to be correct.
Also, render engine selection should work fine. What's the problem there ?

Thank you.
Petros.
Phillshaw
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi,

Under Engine Core I can select; BSD, TR1, TR2, Presto AO, Presto MC and AMC. However taking a look at the manual I should be able to select additional engines to those listed. So for example I have no progressive option as per the manual.

And no in answer to your question "Material Lab" does not launch at all from C4D.

Thanks,
Phil
petros

Hello.

The manual is a little bit outdated regarding the progressive engines.
To render interactively, please select "Interactive mode". Then, only Presto MC, Presto AO and AMC will appear (these are the interactive engines).

Material Lab should launch. I don't recall having an issue there. Could you please render a simple scene in Thea Studio to check that everything is installed correctly ?

Thank you.
Petros.
Phillshaw
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi,

Yes Studio renders okay, I opened up Meccano Plane theres no issue with darkroom, I can see everything I ought too... I think!

Okay thanks for the heads up on the render engines, i'll bare that in mind when reading through the manual. Any idea when an up-to-date version is available? I can see further questions asking about features that no longer exist otherwise.

Interestingly I have found another issue. The Thea menu item within C4D that has Darkroom, Network, Export, Devices etc also doesn't function correctly for me. If I click any of the menu items except the Preferences one nothing actually works, no menu is executed and nothing happens.

Thanks,
Phil

Return to “Support & Feedback (Cinema4D)”