Thea for C4d roadmap question

Ask a question about usage of application or give us your feedback regarding new features and bug issues.

Moderator: petros

Daniko
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hi, I would like to know if using Thea network render(not team render), will eventually support animations. I built several render nodes, but they are linux based, so if there is no planned support i would need to switch them to Windows for using team render, is my understanding.

Also, I use vertex color tags in my work. Currently I render them separately using hardware render for compositing later, but it would b nice if Thea was able to handle this, (i know that is a stretch,).

Any other roadmap information about planned development is obviously helpful. I understand there are no guarantees, I'm just looking to determine if i need work arounds, or patience regarding some things I want to do with the software.

Thanks
Daniko
petros
Been thanked: 0

Hello.

There are many tasks that we need to cover before we support Vertex Color Tags.
Yes, it belongs in our roadmap, but there are other priorities for now.

Thank you.
Petros.
MarkRD
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Hi Petros,
2 years ago I asked when 32bit float images would be rendered from Team Render or the Picture viewer. It still has not been addressed; nor has motion blur for deformable objects. This is seriously frustrating & has caused me to switch to Redshift. I really want to stay with Thea, but the complete lack of updates & information is bordering on unprofessional & extremely frustrating.
regards,
Mark

Return to “Support & Feedback (Cinema4D)”