New Thea Render Contest

A forum especially for contests and Hall of Fame.
christina
admin
admin

Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:55 am

Dear friends,

we are very happy to announce the beginning of a new competition! Everyone is invited to join the contest and submit his/her renders for participating in the contest.

The subject of the contest is the creation of an Advanced Material Simulation Scene (for either Architectural, Product Design or Vegetation materials) in order to showcase several kinds of Thea Materials and their properties. As an example, a folder with the current official Advanced Material Simulation scene, the floor and the wall scenes as well, is attached.
Additionally please find attached a pdf with some basic guidelines and tips of our existing/current advanced simulation scene that can be used as a reference or give you some nice ideas :)

Participants can submit several renders from several types of scenes by answering at this thread or by sending us an email at contact@thearender.com

The deadline for submitting the renders is the 12th of January 2016.

The winners will receive prizes from our sponsors with total worth of over 5500€ and of course, credits in our "hall of fame"! Non-licensed users can also participate (and if they win they will also get a Thea Render Standard License). Thea Render Team and our sponsors will vote for the final three winners.
The prizes for the three winners of the contest are the following:

First Winner - Prizes Total Worth: 2721€
HDR Light Studio 5 – Permanent Node Locked and a Connection to 3D app* (945€ + 265€)
AXYZ An(i)ma + 10 compatible human 3d models (249€ + 10x38€)
3 Evermotion Collections**(360€)
2 Laubwerk Plant Kits (298€)
1 Colimo License (129€)
1 HDRI-Hub HDRI Bundle (95€)
1 Skatter plugin for SketchUp

Second Winner - Prizes Total Worth: 1561€
HDR Light Studio 5 – 1 Year Subscription Node Locked and a Connection to 3D app* (395€ + 60€)
AXYZ An(i)ma + 5 compatible human 3d models (249€ + 5x38€)
2 Evermotion Collections** (240€)
1 Colimo License (129€)

Third Winner - Prizes Total Worth: 1251€
HDR Light Studio 5 – 1 Year Subscription Node Locked and a Connection to 3D app* (395€ + 60€)
AXYZ An(i)ma (249€)
1 Evermotion Collection**(120€)
1 Colimo License (129€)

We would like to thank and present here our sponsors (by alphabetical order): AXYZ Design, Evermotion, HDRI-Hub, HDR Light Studio, Laubwerk, Motiva, Skatter.

Good Luck to all the participants!!!

Extra Info and Details:
Thea Render must be used and it should be the sole render engine used. There is no limit on number of submissions. You should be the creator of the submitted work or, otherwise, for any partial work used you should have explicit permission. By entering the contest, you allow us to use your work as promotional material (with proper crediting) and the scenes of the winners may be used as part of our official scene libraries in the future.
Thea logo should be part of the scene design (mapped as a texture and not modeled). Please find the logo here.
The dimensions of the scene for architectural materials should be in meters, for product design in centimeters or millimeters and for vegetation in centimeters. The renders resolution should be at least 720p.

The value of the prizes are based on the nominal prices, which can be found on the sponsors websites/e-shops and may change during contest period without prior notice.

*User can select the desired 3D App connection, bun note that currently Thea Render is supported within 3ds Max and Cinema4D. Prices for the connections vary from €130 to €265 for permanent licenses and from €25 to €60 for 1 year subscriptions.
**Chosen collections should be from the Archmodels, Archinteriors and Archexteriors categories with 120 euros each.
Attachments
material_simulation_examples.zip
(420.36 KiB) Downloaded 460 times
Thea Advanced Material Simulation AMS001.pdf
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 468 times
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
justlotfy
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:07 pm

"either Architectural, Product Design or ..."
"either" here means:
(A) Different scenes for different categories, where we need to choose one of them to work on??
or
(B) A single scene that is able to test any of the Arch,Product,Vegetation materials??
christina
admin
admin

Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:48 pm

As it is quite difficult to create a single scene that will be great for all kinds of materials, the purpose is to create different scenes for these basic types. You can either create one scene only, for vegetation materials for example, or two or three scenes, depending on your time and flexibility :)
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
justlotfy
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:38 am

christina wrote:As it is quite difficult to create a single scene that will be great for all kinds of materials, the purpose is to create different scenes for these basic types. You can either create one scene only, for vegetation materials for example, or two or three scenes, depending on your time and flexibility :)
ookay great :thumbup:
May God give contestants more free time..Ameen
D-W
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:51 pm

No one will share ams project ? Ok i'll be first :) I'm so curious what rest of attendants made :crazy:
Attachments
DW_AMS_TG.jpg
Last edited by D-W on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
aleksey
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:09 am

ah damn, i was gonna enter this, but got a really demanding job just after christmas, still trying to finish it..

maybe next time.
http://ace5studios.com

Thea Cinema4D, win8.1, gtx 970, i7 4790k.
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:16 am

6 Architectural Interior scenes. Sun and Sky only. Checker as @Material@

www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
D-W
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:32 am

aleksey wrote:ah damn, i was gonna enter this, but got a really demanding job just after christmas, still trying to finish it..
I barely met deadline of contest :mrgreen:
JQL wrote:6 Architectural Interior scenes. Sun and Sky only. Checker as @Material@
Great moods inside JQL! I really like this warm and cold soft lights on walls!

I've just realised that i didn't had depth indicator in my scene :o
Attachments
DW_AMS_TG_4.jpg
JQL
Thea Beta Tester
Thea Beta Tester

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:12 am

D-W wrote:aleksey wrote:
ah damn, i was gonna enter this, but got a really demanding job just after christmas, still trying to finish it..
LOL I was lucky enough to see D-W's post at 11pm or I'd also miss it!
www.casca.pt
Visit us on facebook!

Win 10 64bit
Sketchup 2017 64bit
Intel i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 32Gb Ram
Nvidia Titan X 12Gb
rogerpenna
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:01 am

I did not really understand this contest.

Is the objective to create materials? If so, what kind of material would be considered "advanced"? Is there a minimum number of layers or settings for it to be considered "advanced"?

Or is the objective to set up properly mapped geometry and lights where we can then apply and test materials?

Or should the scene have both the geometry to be used with other materials AND ALSO an advanced material?