What would be your next most anticipated Thea integration?

A forum especially for contests and Hall of Fame.

What would be your next most anticipated Thea integration?

Thea for AllPlan
1%
Thea for ArchiCAD
11%
Thea for Bonzai
7%
Thea for FormZ
12%
Thea for Houdini
5%
Thea for Lightwave
9%
Thea for Maya
8%
Thea for Modo
11%
Thea for Revit
16%
Thea for SolidWorks
1%
Thea for VectorWorks
4%
Thea for ZBrush
7%
Other...
8%

Total votes: 356
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:49 am

Jahe wrote:I see, but those additional integrations have to get an continuing development as well.
Why not focus on fixing those first?
You are referring to C4D integration specifically. To be honest, the idea is that there will be a dev dedicated on first chance.

Best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
jonmoore
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Is this survey still live? I noticed that it has now disappeared from the homepage and wondered if the survey posted in the forum is still live because of an admin error? There were a good deal more votes on the homepage version.
marso

Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:52 pm

Speaking about Octane Render.
Despite that the recent release is unbelievable in terms of things it can do, for me as an ArchiCAD user Thea wins hands down.
Attached are print screens both from demo versions, Thea from Sketchup 2015 (64b!!!) and Octane from inside ArchiCAD, same scene, right after opening rendering windows in both.
TheaR_demo.png

I'm just before serious upgrade of my hardware but even now for me the choice is obvious.

Cheers,
Marek
Attachments
OctaneR_AC17.png
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:14 am

jonmoore wrote:Is this survey still live? I noticed that it has now disappeared from the homepage and wondered if the survey posted in the forum is still live because of an admin error? There were a good deal more votes on the homepage version.
It is definitely live; there were some "security issues" with the front page, where we received thousands of votes within a few hours.

We have those results in mind, keeping the trends; but we decided to keep currently only the forum poll which is more reliable as it requires registration.

Best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
makma
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:07 pm

In the darkest corner of 3D universe there live its live a happy & creative Carrara users community...
Its forum has got red fever few weeks ago when Octane finished its beta plug-in for Carrara. Carrara is a robust 3D software, a Swiss Army Knife in 3D CG world called few years ago by 3DArtist mag. It gives a lot of tools that can do almost everything I want to do without a need to by and install a zillion of scripts and plug-ins.
For some reason it is considered abandoned ware though it has its 64 bit Carrara 8.5 version for about a year now. I can do all my arch-viz efficiently using Carrara 8.1 indeed. Unfortunately, its biased render engine is slow though gives out nice renders. Thea is absolutelly a light speed renderer comparing Carrara rendering times. Additionally Thea material system is much easier to me though Carrara's Texture Rooms is quite sophisticated one.

I have tried both Octane and Thea Studio to choose additional render option from. IMHO Thea is much better, easier and faster. (and cheaper...) If there would be a Thea Studio plug-in for Carrrara I could have much less trouble with switching between both application and my work-flow would be much fluent. I think that many Octane for Carrara aficionados would be shocked with Thea results and speed if they could plug-in it into their work-flows.
So put your light into a dark corner, please!

Greetings,

Marek
makma
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:38 pm

What about Fusion? According to its manual it can render with its two inner renderers and any of exterior one if it only has a plug-in into Fusion. A guess Fusion gets big attention these days among CG society. Perhaps it is good idea to follow it.

Marek
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am

I don't think that Fusion fits here, since we are looking for modelers. Carrara on the other hand could be interesting (personally, I was very impressed with early versions of Carrara but didn't follow after some point).

Best wishes
bradleyabbott82
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:19 pm

Giannis,

I would literally kill for an Autodesk Inventor plugin. The rendering capabilities of Inventor are terrible, and (due to the parametric nature, and wide range of functionalities that speed my product design workflow) find myself using Inventor, and having to export via STL to sketchup just to render my projects.

Inevitably, the STL format creates HUGE files (with fillets & the necessary details for realistic renders), although native inventor files are extremely small even when they include these items. I find that for complex components, the file size in SU (even after I run the Clean Plugin) is about 10x larger due to the way the geometry is exported via STL. Additionally I have to manually cleanup many aspects of the geometry once it's brought into sketchup to remedy smoothing angle issues and other problems.

I've got the workflow for this down pretty well, but I estimate that more than 50% of my time in each project is consumed by the migration of my parts from Inventor out to SU. To make things more problematic, since I do product design, I have to repeat this process multiple times throughout a project as I make revisions to the part based on customer input. Being able to quickly provide realistic renders of each stage of the design would cut my time LITERALLY in half.

I imagine that there MUST be a relatively large segment of users who would purchase a plugin for Inventor, and likely they would be willing to pay a higher per-unit cost, as most are expending a sizable sum for Inventor in the first place ($7k+ depending upon the Suite they are using).

Anyway.. Here's wishing lol...

Bradley
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Hello Giannis,
are threre any news or ideas from your side if there will be a new integration or which integration is most interresting from your side.
greetings
Walter
hammer
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:30 am

Hello Giannis,

There are a huge number of TurboCad users who would benefit greatly from a Thea integration. Have you reached out to them about interest?