What would be your next most anticipated Thea integration?

A forum especially for contests and Hall of Fame.

What would be your next most anticipated Thea integration?

Thea for AllPlan
1%
Thea for ArchiCAD
11%
Thea for Bonzai
7%
Thea for FormZ
12%
Thea for Houdini
5%
Thea for Lightwave
9%
Thea for Maya
8%
Thea for Modo
11%
Thea for Revit
16%
Thea for SolidWorks
1%
Thea for VectorWorks
4%
Thea for ZBrush
7%
Other...
8%

Total votes: 356
john keates
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:12 pm

I posted a link to the rendering section of the Maya forum on CG Talk.
Jahe
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:12 pm

Why not staying with the integrations you already have and keep improving those?

there a still a couple of important improvements to be done, for C4D integration and most likely for others as well.
giannis
Thea Developer
Thea Developer

Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:24 am

Jahe wrote: there a still a couple of important improvements to be done, for C4D integration and most likely for others as well.
The new integrations are intended for new developers.

Best wishes
Science may limit knowledge but should never limit imagination - Bertrand Russell
Jahe
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:26 pm

I see, but those additional integrations have to get an continuing development as well.

My preference would be to first beat Octane with the most important integrations and THEN expand the amount of integrations.
I don´t want to barge in...
However they are still some points handled better by Octane.
Why not focus on fixing those first?
archroman
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:13 am

Hey all just inputting my 2 cents here,

I see the vote roster and seems most programs are based on 3d softwares but not much love for a BIM program, I for one love to see a plugin for Thea in Archicad. Specially on the Mac side which is hard because most programs are Win side and more populated.

By BIM program I mean, technology has come a long and rapid paste which for me I'm seeing people or in my side of Architecture career towards better 3d architecture programs, such as BIM. One good example which in no means is better, Artlantis has the export/import plugins.

For example you can do changes in Archicad and send it to Artlantis and if you make changes in Archicad you can always send the updated changes into Artlantis without re-applying materials or change of position, cameras, settings, etc. While Artlantis doesn't compare the quality of Thea it would be great to take an approach like this in the future because clients want things in matter of days not weeks and sometimes they want to see the results that same day which is crazy.

Thanks for reading.
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
Theodor
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:33 am

My suggestion would be MOI live plug-in.
The logic of this request is reverted to the sense of this poll, because it will certainly wont be big demanded for it. But to my knowledge there is not much if any render plug-ins for MOI.
That means no competition. Also MOI is quite inventive in regards to the UI so after seeing the introduction concept of windows 10 and touch interfaces more and more in demanded MOI should experience some rise in users numbers and take its only potential integrated renderer with it.

Just a thought i wanted to have out here.

T.

ps: sorry for my english
SamHowell
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:37 am

giannis wrote:
john keates wrote: It would be interesting to see what the result of this poll would be in other parts of the internet. I am probably quite a rare Maya user... most haven't heard of Thea, so why would they come here and ask for a plugin? Of course, you have thought of that, but I thought I would say it anyway.
We will be posting the poll link to some sites to gather opinions from users outside the current Thea userbase and to make the results more balanced.

Best wishes
You may get more votes from outside the current user base if it were possible to vote without having to sign up to the forum.
vipvip242
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 am

Thea for lightwave is a must-have for me, even if the Octane integration is just perfect and octane 2.0 core wonderfull ( GPU deformation motion blur, displacement and many others ). But Sure Thea has some other advantages and both are not head-to-head but complementary.
Le Jardin Digital - http://www.lejardindigital.fr - Films - Photographie - 3D - www
gelbuilding
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:06 am

Allegorithmic, Substance Designer would be great.
Regards
George Hadjistavrou
Thea Ready Material available http://www.gelmaterialhub.com
greenmonkey
Licensed User v1.5
Licensed User v1.5

Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:25 am

There are a lot of ZBrush users. A new release is just around the corner, and will have proper poly modeling. It'll also be 64bit.
They have done a deal with keyshot, and will supply a bridge between the two.
The fact that they have gone to some considerable lengths to integrate it shows that a quality external renderer has a place.
If word got out that thea has good integration with ZBrush .. well, you never know, it might bring a whole new customer base.