- Fix for not rendering named views when not open in Rhino viewport
- Fix for batch rendering ignoring the denoise at the end option in preferences
- Fix for model texture projection getting broken in the presence of large amount of non-instanced models (Presto engine)
- Fix for failing saving EXR images with all channels, when any denoising channel is enabled
- Fix for batch rendering/animation ignoring camera settings
- Substantially improved synchronization speed in the presence of non-instanced models with custom projection information
- Support for Rhino's animation tools
- Apply denoiser only at the end of rendering option in Thea Preferences
- Point Light Intersection option in render settings
- Rendering in Rhino's Render window now uses RGBA channel
- Changed the Global Coordinate Modifier tool's enable checkbox to an apply button that applies the modifiers to the material
- Fix for batch rendering not applying Thea camera settings. The named view needs to be open in a Rhino viewport or the settings of the active viewport will be used instead
- Fix for rendering materials with high number of bitmaps in Presto
- Fix for crash on missing displacement textures
- Fix for wrong group names in relight editor
- Fix for not respecting the aspect ration when resizing the darkroom while interactive rendering
- Fix for failing to save preview of substance material in the material editor
- Fix for render region showing on top of other renders when changed from the history panel
- Fix for de-noising options getting ignored when saving the scene
- Fix for render region ui not going away when removed with single click
- Fix for showing deleted assets in TheaContentBrowser
- Fix for typo in one of the ui icon files
- Fix for Content Browser not loading items from the online repository
- Reworked the scene updates for the interactive rendering (should be a lot more stable)
- Reworked the Substance 3D material integration
- Added drag n drop support for Substance 3D materials
- Updated installer/uninstaller. Option for uninstalling the Thea Render for Rhino plugin now available
- Added an option to reduce viewport resolution in Thea preferences window
- Removed time zone restriction from licensing
Fixes / Changes
- Fix for Relight for wrong relight groups in presto
- Fix for FBX import scale
- Fix for unused emitter materials appearing on relight
- Fix for a rare crash when Rhino was shutting down
- Fix for possible wrong spotlight orientation when using IES files.
- Updated Resource Manager to include IES resources used in the scene.
- Update scene archiving to include IES files.
- Added better handling for geometry updates for Interactive Render
- UV Randomizer
- Bitmap Randomizer
- Random Glints
- Substance 3D Materials support
- Global Coordinates
- Added IES support for spot lights
- Support for Rhino Nature
Fixes / Changes
- Intel Open Image Denoiser updated to v1.4.1
- New Material Editor layout including Texture Editor
- Moved material presets to the material editor
- Fixes for bugs related to batch rendering
- Fixes for Relight
- Fixed region render not cleared correctly during IR
- Fixed tonemapping when region removed from image in Darkroom
- Fixed FULL MODEL disabled parameters in Model Browser
- Added check for duplicate files when exporting scene archive.
- Fixed Rhino PBR material not switching to Thea material and keeping proper conversion properties.
- Improved material renaming. Material names are updated also when the name text field loses focus.
- New denoising channels for enhanced denoising.
- Update to Intel Open Image Denoiser 1.3.0.
- Added weight for LUTs.
- Added a new False Color LUT.
- Extended locked camera in darkroom. Now it locks to the active camera at all times.
- Added warning message dialog when trying to render in the viewport and darkroom concurrently
- Darkroom now remembers last image file type saved and overrides the file type selection when saving a render image
- Added automatic material refresh in the content browser when saving a material from the material editor
- Added File Saved notification
- Fixed a freeze when enabling/disabling a denoiser during render.
- Fixed wrong icon size loaded for the "Pause" render button in Darkroom.
- Fixed EXR dialog not accepting "Return" key to confirm channel selection and ESC to cancel.
- Fixed resizing of history panel in darkroom
- Fixed Rhino light groups failing to convert to proper Relight Groups
- Updated path read for Thea data. Both My Documents and ProgramData are taken into account.
- Fixed Rhino Search Path as texture repositories.
- Fixed a crash when trying resuming a render in Darkroom.
- Added warning when resuming render and the film's sample per pixel is higher than the given sample limit.
- Added manual sun color override.
- Added Search Path refresh when loading a new scene.
- Fixed EDU node-locked license validation.
- Updated visibility for Thea Render Rhino Display Settings
- Updated Material editor
- Updated history panel position when darkroom is maximized.
- Fix for infinite plane missing in CPU engine rendering.
- Fix for shadow catcher being dark on areas not lighten by spot lights (Presto)
- Crash fix for Presto in the presence of scenes with glasses and very high tracing depth
- Fix for OptiX IR denoising with supersampling > None
- Adaptive Tracing
- Relight Editor
- Support for Intel® Open Image Denoiser
- Interactive Denoising
- Out-of-core Rendering
- Render History
- Resume Render
- Unified Content Browser
- Enhanced Region Render
- Optimized and GPU-Accelerated Glare
- Grasshopper® Interactive Updates
- Console and Network log
- Lock Camera Viewport
- Assign Material by Parent for Blocks