(1) Material Preview: Double‐click to enlarge preview | Right‐click to load/save .mat.pack, .mat.thea files, and select preview room.
(2) Material Name: The name will also change in Rhino's materials panel
(3) Preset / Editor Switch: Switch between Preset and the Layered based editor
(4) Layers / Global Modifiers: Access layers and Global Modifiers. Global Modifiers affect the material as a whole (Emittance, Clipping, Displacement, Medium)
(5) Layer Manager: Editor Mode: Layers can be created, removed, change position, assign a layer weight map and more. Preset Mode: Select presets and adjust their properties
(6) Layer Properties: Properties of the selected layer will be displayed here
(7) Content Browser Access: Expands the panel to the left displaying the Content Browser allowing the user to directly apply materials to the current one
(8) Channel Properties: Properties of assigned colors, procedurals and bitmaps will be displayed here
(9) Content Browser: Content browser expanded by clicking on the arrow.
(10) Interactive Preview: Enable this button to preview a selected material by clicking on its thumbnail before applying it to the material editor.