After installing the plug‐in, open the License form window from the main menu: Thea Render > License > License Form
- Enter the Username and Password that you used to sign‐in to Altair One.
- Click on the "Activate" button to activate Thea for Rhino.
The license returns to the server each time you close Rhino and it can be used on any other machine.
- Offline Mode: This mode borrows the license from the licensing server to the specific machine. The plug‐in will remain activated on the machine without the need of an internet connection. Maximum borrowing time is 14 days. This option needs to be unchecked if you plan to use the license on a different machine.
- Use Proxy Internet Connection: In case your machine is behind a proxy server, you need to enter the IP Address and Port of the Proxy Server. Username and Password should also be filled if needed.
All actions within the License window need an internet connection. When Offline mode is not active, the plugin checks periodically the license and if it cannot reach the server for up to 30 minutes, then watermarks will be introduced in the next rendering session.
If you have an Education License, then switch to the Educational tab, click on the Browse button and select the license file (.dat) that you received from the Altair University.
If you do not have one, click on the Register button and fill out the form to receive a one-year Educational license from the Altair University.
- Register Now: Click on the button to get a free educational license from the Altair University.
If you don't activate your license, you will remain in Demo mode with certain limitations. Please note that when the plug‐in is not licensed:
- The rendered image resolution will be limited (1920x1080) and
- Watermarks will be added
All other features and functionalities are fully supported.