we know you have been waiting for long time but finally we hope that your patience is rewarded. As you may know, we have been constantly working on tighter integration the last months and now, we are able to share our progress on Cinema4D R12/R13.
Nevertheless, I have to say here that the plugin is still in alpha phase. This means that there has been limited testing and general lack of features; we simply cannot compress all the parameterization of a package like C4D being developed for years, in a few months integration development. But still, we feel that even at this moment, the plugin could be used as a means to producing (great) images with Thea Render!
Due to still being an alpha version, we would not like to publish something at this moment that could cause frustration to users that still evaluate Thea. On the other hand, we want our licensed C4D plugin users to get the plugin as soon as possible to be able to work again with R12/R13 and Thea.This is why, we are starting now a (short) alpha test phase, inviting all our Thea+C4D licensed users to join, use the plugin, give us feedback on problems and feature requests.How to join the C4D alpha test group?
1. Just post here in this thread saying that you are interested in testing the plugin or
2. Send us an e-mail to beta [at] thearender.com.Requirements for joining the alpha test group?
1. You must have a Thea and C4D plugin license! In this case, you will unconditionally get access to the plugin (no further questions asked).
- Typically, we wouldn't like a user with Thea license but no C4D plugin license to test the plugin at this moment. But if he/she is really
interested in giving us feedback, please send us an e-mail.
- For users that would like to evaluate Thea for C4D, we would like to apologize and thank them for their patience; as soon as we feel that the plugin is mature enough (according to the licensed users' evaluation), we will publish it! Typically, the alpha test period should not be more than 4-6 weeks, but unless we have a lot of feedback, we cannot give a certain date of publishing.